OT To Greek Or Not To Greek

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do it! I went through rush, accepted a bid, and ended up dropping. Despite my experience not working out, I would definitely encourage anybody who's on the fence about it to give it a shot because you'll never know if you like it or how it'll work out unless you try it!

This may be a silly question but do graduate students ever Rush? I'm hoping to apply for 2015 entry to MA programmes and I've just not heard of anyone older than undergrads going for it? I'm planning on living in what I assume is predominately undergrad accommodation, I'm not ready to be old! :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

This may be a silly question but do graduate students ever Rush? I'm hoping to apply for 2015 entry to MA programmes and I've just not heard of anyone older than undergrads going for it? I'm planning on living in what I assume is predominately undergrad accommodation, I'm not ready to be old! :(

I know that NPHC sororities and fraternities have post grad chapters that allow you to pledge. They typically aren't affiliated with a school just the sororities/frats. And you dont have to be currently enrolled in school. I've considered doing it but I think I'd rather not.

As far as NPC and rush for grad members. When I was undergrad I knew of a girl that was in grad school that rushed and cheered and basically tried to relive her younger years. Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure if she was actually grad...she might've just been an older student.

Anyway. She ended up dropping cheer and the sorority. When youre older the social climate changes and those type of things aren't appealing in my opinion

Figured this is the best spot for this question..
I just got appointed to the position of assistant to VP-Public Relations and we're looking for some different ideas to improve our chapter visibility/image. Any fun ideas that have worked on your campuses?

Seeing all my friends going through rush week really makes me want to rush... And make me wish I actually tried in high school to get into a university :oops:

Okay all you people who know stuff....
The order of the Greek letters... Do they matter? Like my sis pledged sigma kappa today. And her stuff says ΣΚ. But yesterday at the store we saw tervis tumblers that said ΚΣ. And we were like "oh must have read it wrong, but i guess its kappa sigma. we'll come back tomorrow if she gets the bid" (it was the only one she was putting down b/c she had no interest in the other one that wanted her back for preference day). But now seeing her pics we were right and it is sigma kappa so I don't think we can get it for her... Can we? It's different right?

The order of the Greek letters... Do they matter? Like my sis pledged sigma kappa today. And her stuff says ΣΚ. But yesterday at the store we saw tervis tumblers that said ΚΣ. And we were like "oh must have read it wrong, but i guess its kappa sigma. we'll come back tomorrow if she gets the bid" (it was the only one she was putting down b/c she had no interest in the other one that wanted her back for preference day). But now seeing her pics we were right and it is sigma kappa so I don't think we can get it for her... Can we? It's different right?

I believe there is a fraternity Kappa Sigma.

Yes it's different. Kappa Sig is a fraternity so I don't think your sister would be too interested in having any of their stuff ;)

The Fierce Board App!

Back