Toe Touch Cradle Legal At The Ms And Hs Level?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They might not be. Check the top of page 4 (http://www.aacca.org/media/resources/2014-2015 School Rules - Final.pdf):
"The top person may not perform any skill (twist, toe touch, etc.) following the release. " However, that applies to "all dismounts to catchers who are not the original bases". As for dismounts to the original bases, I am not sure.

By the way, when I saw NLMS in your URL, I immediately thought of North Laurel Middle School... almost gave me a heart attack. :D

If the toe touch cradle at 2:07 is what you're talking about- it's legal in MI for HS. Not sure about MS or other states.

Do you mean they land in a cradle and then do a toe touch? Or do they pop from a stunt and do a toe touch before landing in a cradle?

Pop from a stunt and do a toe touch before landing in a cradle, as shown in the video :) I'm thinking it's legal but I wanted to make sure.

Pop from a stunt and do a toe touch before landing in a cradle, as shown in the video :) I'm thinking it's legal but I wanted to make sure.
Pop up from a stunt to me means a basket toss which aren't legal in middle schools in most states unless something has changed.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Pop up from a stunt to me means a basket toss which aren't legal in middle schools in most states unless something has changed.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Baskets are illegal, however this would not be uncontrolled like a basket. They would be in a stable elevator and instead of a straight cradle, they would hit a toe touch. We are allowed doing full downs and those are more dangerous so I'd think they would be okay?

Baskets are illegal, however this would not be uncontrolled like a basket. They would be in a stable elevator and instead of a straight cradle, they would hit a toe touch. We are allowed doing full downs and those are more dangerous so I'd think they would be okay?
It's a release move above prep level which is what my concern is. I don't know the answer, but sometimes what is logical doesn't always mean it's legal.

Back