Top 75 Colleges To Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

We’re excited to present an updated (and expanded) Top Colleges to Cheer for 2017. Our 2016 “Top 40 Colleges to Cheer” went viral and saw well over 125,000 readers! We’ve made a commitment to ranking colleges by a variety of factors. It’s not about who wins the most or who has the coolest uniforms or […]

The post Top 75 Colleges to Cheer appeared first on .

Would have loved to see some canadian colleges there. I know a lot would have made top 75.

Would have loved to see some canadian colleges there. I know a lot would have made top 75.
Not being a jerk, but would they? I've been involved with college cheerleading since 2005 and I don't recall any notable canadian teams (school side or comp side).

If there are some, please send us links to check out.

Simply curious, as my cp is nowhere near college age....does anyone know why UGA isn't on the list? There were so many other SEC schools who appear to have similar programs who ranked very high, I was wondering if anyone knew why they wouldn't be ranked? No scholarships? Non-competing? Just not good? They sure appear talented when we see them at games, was curious where the program was deficient

Not being a jerk, but would they? I've been involved with college cheerleading since 2005 and I don't recall any notable canadian teams (school side or comp side).

If there are some, please send us links to check out.
Scolarships, academics and game day atmosphere count for something on that article. Most of the canadian colleges might not compete outside of the country, but still are well known here. And yes, UWO would have definitely made it, I agree.

Glad to see Georgia Tech on that list - we took pics of them at Cheersport :)
Went to a game this past weekend and after TD's almost all of the girls run down the goal line doing fulls - it was awesome. And we could see them doing stunts on the sidelines.

Simply curious, as my cp is nowhere near college age....does anyone know why UGA isn't on the list? There were so many other SEC schools who appear to have similar programs who ranked very high, I was wondering if anyone knew why they wouldn't be ranked? No scholarships? Non-competing? Just not good? They sure appear talented when we see them at games, was curious where the program was deficient
Using this post more as a jumping off point. This list is SO subjective and really shouldn't be used as more than a guideline. Having gone through the process already I have learned a lot. There are so many other factors that go into what makes a Top Cheer College that may put the top 5 way down on a list and/or a college who isn't even on the list in the top 5. You really need to determine what you want out of your college experience. The quality of education should be top on that list. Do a thorough self analysis of what you REALLY want out of college cheer. Don't rely on just the information that the coaches and current athletes are selling you, because it is their job to sell the program. Ask about practice schedules, ability to do other activities, other required commitments such as appearances, scholarship award process (if scholarships are available) - meaning exactly who gets them and when - not just that they offer them, cost of the program and/or other requirements within the program, travel requirements/opportunities. I realize now that I thought I knew so much more than I really did about the program my oldest is in, and we did get some minor surprises, but we are very fortunate that it is the perfect program - and more importantly the perfect university for her. My youngest is looking at UGA as an option, but we still have a couple of years so I haven't done any research yet.

Last edited:
Another great college resource is the one from Cheermoji!
College Cheerleading Scholarships

Allows you to look at the basic stats in a easy to digest way, plus provides contact info to the coach & the school.

@quitthedrama is right! It's all about the research you do and the knowledge you want to gain for making your decision.

Another great college resource is the one from Cheermoji!
College Cheerleading Scholarships

Allows you to look at the basic stats in a easy to digest way, plus provides contact info to the coach & the school.

@quitthedrama is right! It's all about the research you do and the knowledge you want to gain for making your decision.
A quick browse shows the information isn't accurate on that site - at least in terms of scholarships.

It's sad that Western was the only school I could think of, but college cheer isn't that big on the west coast. UBC and SFU are (I think) the only schools that have a level 6 team. If I remember right, SFU hasn't won a football game since they joined the NCAA so their game day atmosphere may not be the best.
(Oddly enough, this is the most recent video of Western I could find.)

TRU, UBC, SFU, and UVic all have level 6 teams, Uvic and SFU have gone to UWCC and UCA

Back