College Top 75 Colleges To Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there was already a thread posted recently with this discussion but I can't find it to link it. And yes, number one if you are only looking at a certain set of criteria!

Hm, NSCU listed 27th? Just won NCA small Coed. came in 3rd last year. Has an endowment program for cheerleaders for money to help with expenses. Program totally supported by athletics. One of the hardest schools to get into in NC. Sure, our football and basketball teams could win more games, but those games are consistently sold out. Over half the team are scholar athletes. Guess academic excellence does not count for much on this list. SMH.

Hm, NSCU listed 27th? Just won NCA small Coed. came in 3rd last year. Has an endowment program for cheerleaders for money to help with expenses. Program totally supported by athletics. One of the hardest schools to get into in NC. Sure, our football and basketball teams could win more games, but those games are consistently sold out. Over half the team are scholar athletes. Guess academic excellence does not count for much on this list. SMH.
I fully agree - in fact we were just talking about this list last night because my daughter got the magazine with the article in the mail yesterday. NC State is a top 10 college cheer school IMO. UK is great obviously - unless you are an amazing girl base. There are so many factors that go in to college cheer that were not even discussed or used as criteria so it's very misleading IMO.

I'm a fan of this college list instead: College Cheerleading Scholarships Database

This page allows you to search for your criteria aspects that are important to you. I.e. most all girl cheerleaders don't care that UK is the top college to cheer at since they don't have an all girl squad.

(It is a growing list still, so if your info isn't listed or seems wrong, reach out to cheermoji and they can fix!)

I'm a fan of this college list instead: College Cheerleading Scholarships Database

This page allows you to search for your criteria aspects that are important to you. I.e. most all girl cheerleaders don't care that UK is the top college to cheer at since they don't have an all girl squad.

(It is a growing list still, so if your info isn't listed or seems wrong, reach out to cheermoji and they can fix!)

Well, there are some cheerleaders who have either cheered at either high school or all-star all-girl squads who have since made the transition to cheering on a coed college squad. I remember that a few Paul Laurence Dunbar and Greenup County alumni actually cheered at UK believe it or not (they were probably flyers on their high school teams, thus the transition is much easier for them to cheer on a coed college squad). However, if they're were either bases or back spots, then it is much more difficult for these cheerleaders to cheer on a large coed college squad. Luckily, you're seeing the likes of Morehead, Louisville, WKU, EKU, NKU, Indiana, Alabama and several other colleges forming all-girl college squads in an effort to allow these cheerleaders to cheer collegiately without having to make the transition to a large coed squad.

From what I can think of, the main reason why the University of Kentucky doesn't have an all-girl team is because their advisor, T. Lynn Williamson, prefers the much more traditional look of a college cheerleading squad. Plus, UK tends to get plenty of potential male cheerleaders to try out. Thoughts?

I TOTALLY AGREE! lol Thank you for this amazing post! :)

Back