College Top Schools?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Alright this has probably been asked a millions times but I did a quick search and could not find any threads with it. So let me precede the question with: If anyone has a thread with this question just lead me to it please.

The question I want to ask is what are the top cheer colleges. However, I doing this to help my athletes pick a college. So what I am looking for is slightly different than what is usually asked. I am basically looking for the Top 25 schools for cheer. However, I am not looking for an argumentative thread. So what I would like is basically to have it broken into Top 5, Next Five, Next Five, and so on. I do not need them ranked within those sections. I think this will limit the arguments a little bit. Overall, just looking for who you think are the top 25 schools year in and year out. This way when I have an athlete who wants to cheer in college but also know what she will be majoring in, we can look at the top 25 schools for her major and see if there is any alignment among cheer and classes.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Louisville
Navarro
University of Kentucky
University of Alabama
University of Central Florida
Hawaii Pacific University (miss the old)
University of Louisiana
University of Oregon
University of Georgia
University of South Carolina

This is not necessarily a list of the top, but rather a list of the schools I would LOVE to cheer at!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

There's also:

University of Memphis (the 2013 UCA Div IA Champions)
Oklahoma State University
University of Tennessee
Louisiana State University
Texas Tech University
Stephen F. Austin University
University of West Georgia
North Carolina State University
Morehead State University
University of Delaware
University of Mississippi

U of Minnesota got second in all girl last year! They're Co Ed program is pretty young though...

Ohio State and Bowling Green State Univ both have good programs.. BG got 2nd in small coed 1A and has always placed top 5 since they have gone there and tOSU is great school for academics, gameday, and they compete large coed 1A at UCA and consistently place top 10. i'd add them along with Hofstra, and Kansas to the list being made above.

I've been working with CHEERSPORT on something that might help everyone out. Next year on Friday and Saturday of CHEERSPORT there will be a college fair held at the World Congress Center. They have 40 spots for colleges. I know all the ones in Georgia I have talked to are interested. Should help bridge the gap and help people discover colleges to cheer at.

Best part? If you travel somewhere to talk to colleges for seniors it's an excused miss.

Back