Total Newbie!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2017
Hi everyone! I am a total newbie to the cheer world. I have a 3year old baby girl who will turn 4 in a few months. I would like to start her in a local cheer gym. However I'm not sure when it's the right age. Should I wait till she turn 4 in September or should I start her now that it's summer?? Thanks in advance for help!

Check with your local gym. Things to think about:
--can your daughter follow directions?
--how well does she separate from you? can she handle a class when mama's not there, especially if she can see you?
--can she wait her turn when others are doing something fun?

Most gyms will let her try a class before signing up for anything.

Our gym has a kindergym tumbling class, taught by the same coach who does the Tiny exhibition team. If you have something similar, that's where I'd start. If you can try a short session or do a limited number of classes drop in, that might be a good choice.

She's pretty independent and she goes to a learning academy so I don't think seperation will be an issue. I need to have her try a class. I'm so excited to start her I hope she enjoys it! Thank you both!

Wherever you enroll her, the most important thing is that she is having fun. At almost 4, that is what every activity should be about. Our local gymnastics gyms have to have Tiny Tots gymnastic classes and that is where both my girls started.

Aww super cute!
I didn't start until way later but I move watching the minis and tinys work the mat!

Back