Music Trading Music....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know all of you are upset, but PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THING.

I know I'm going to get blasted for some of the things I say here. Anyways...
To some of us, trading is our thing. It's fun, it's exciting and it's DEFINITELY a challenge at times. Some of us who trade work extremely hard for the mixes we get. We know what we want, and we go after it, and yes, we get some great mixes in the process. The point of trading isn't getting as many mixes as you can to have power over people. We trade mixes because we want other team’s music. Many times, you will find that most traders will be open to anything you have to trade with. We are super nice and love meeting new people. I have so many friends who I trade with that I would never have met otherwise. Yes, we have things that we are not allowed to give out. We like to respect the wishes of those who gave it to us and the gym from where the team is from. In response to ACEwarheadof Tennessee’s post, if I had an ACE mix that I knew wasn’t allowed to be released yet, I wouldn’t send it out in courtesy of the gym. I’d let the gym leak it. If it's not on the library, there is probably a reason. Is it right for the people to give it out in the first place? That's their prerogative. It’s not my place to main stream a mix that the gym/person doesn’t want out. It’s not that we hog it and we don’t like you. But if you tell me to keep a mix hidden, I will do just that. I have lots of mixes that I'm not supposed to have and you better believe I don't give them out. Is it a bad thing? No, as I was asked not to give it out. Do I feel bad saying no? Of course. I want to share all my music with everyone! I love sending it out and seeing people’s reactions. But sometimes, I just can’t do that, and I will say it now, that I am sorry. I truly am. I know what it feels like to find someone with a mix I want and be told no, I can’t have it. I go through it almost every time I am trying to get a new mix. Anyone who has ever asked me for a mix, unless I tell them specifically that I can’t send it out, knows I will send them anything. I don’t want anything in return, and I won’t ask to trade for an older mix.
Ok, now that you see where we as music trader’s are coming from, I want to respond to all of the things you guys have said about us. You may not like what I have to say, that’s fine with me. We, as traders, work HARD for some of our mixes, something a few of you won’t understand until you really get into it. We stay up late looking for others who have mixes we want. Many of us are in different time zones and our schedules don’t match up. But if we want that mix, we are gonna stay up for it. I’ve traded with people who are 13 hours ahead of where I am. It’s really not as easy as you make it out to be. It’s a lot of building trust with others and following up on the “business at hand.” Trading is not for everyone. Are we selfish? Maybe, but not really. To us, the music we collect is like money. It’s the currency of our “underground music scene.” We aren’t gonna give out some of the mixes we have very easily. It’s not about hogging or having power over you. If you work hard at your job, cash your pay check and someone asks you to give the entire thing to them, will you? No. Why? Because it’s yours and you worked hard for it. Is it because you want “power of them” or you’re a “hog” or you want to be “cooler” than them? No. After all, it’s “just money”.
I know that I am good at what I do and I'm not being cocky, I'm being honest. I've been around long enough to know the tips and tricks and when I set out for a mix, I can usually find it in a week, if not less. It's taken years to acquire the mixes, tools and relationships I've built. Maybe to you it's not that important, but to me, it's just as much as a passion of mine as cheerleading is itself. So, the next time you complain about us “being selfish” and telling us it’s “just music”, think of the effort we put into getting it. If you really want that mix, then go out and work for it like the other traders do.

P.S – Just realize what we traders really do for you guys. All that good music up on the library? Like Senior Elite, World Cup Shooting Stars, Generals, etc, yeah, a lot of us had a part in getting it there so you all could have it FOR FREE with no credit to the work we've done for you all (not taking credit away from the people who paid for the music and made the music). Thanks for reading my not-so-little rant, I’m done now.

First off, thank you for taking the time to write that and really explain where you are coming from. I honestly, understand a lot better now, and I thank you for that :). I totally see your point and I thank you and all like you who get all the mixes and such. I think that in most cases, 'traders' are like you, and are willing to trade and be nice about it. But I have ran into a fair share of ones who will not trade you unless you have like... "World Cup of 1987" (exaggeration)... which of course you don't have, so they want nothing to do with you. But for those people- they should have more of an outlook like you do!

First off, thank you for taking the time to write that and really explain where you are coming from. I honestly, understand a lot better now, and I thank you for that :). I totally see your point and I thank you and all like you who get all the mixes and such. I think that in most cases, 'traders' are like you, and are willing to trade and be nice about it. But I have ran into a fair share of ones who will not trade you unless you have like... "World Cup of 1987" (exaggeration)... which of course you don't have, so they want nothing to do with you. But for those people- they should have more of an outlook like you do!

Yeah she has a ton of music cause shes super nice about it. I was just really p/o about a certain person, so i wrote this without think.

I never really traded music much, my friend did and she would send it all to me. However, I do see where you're coming from saying how annoying it can be. But I think that when you start out, it's a little hard to get mixes from others when you have little to no selection of music to send to them, after you get a few, it would probably be a lot easier.

You all are too kind :) And EpiiiCx3, I have come across so many traders who were mean as well, especially when I first started off. No one wanted to help out the "new girl" (it was even tougher when most of the really good traders were all guys. I think me and another girl are the only female traders left!). Once I started getting better and acquiring more mixes, I would send 20-25 mixes to anyone who was new so they wouldn't have to go through what I went through trying to get those first 25 mixes. Ugh, it was terrible! But now I really try to not be like those traders who I met in the beginning of my trading. And the fact that I LOVE seeing people's reaction when they get a mix they have been looking for forever! :)

They Call Her Suzie for a reason, She Brings Joy To The World and She Is My Partner In Crime, I Love Her To Pieces!!!! Thanks To Each Other and The Help Of Bry (our other partner in crime) we got where we are at today with our collections. as you go through life you will learn things dont always come free. a mix for a mix is just common sense. think about it, to get your taco and large drink from taco bell you'll have to pay with cash credit or debit to get it. im mean come on.. heller :p JK that was a lil rude. but anyways we as traders follow certain rules for example, 2011 for 2011, older mixes free, recorded.. well i dont want recorded lol, and the dont trade dont tell policy... we do only what were asked of. and at the end of the season most "non trade-able" mixes get released. "lifes Like A box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get" :p Love Ya Fierce Boarders.. Nighty Night :)

They Call Her Suzie for a reason, She Brings Joy To The World and She Is My Partner In Crime, I Love Her To Pieces!!!! Thanks To Each Other and The Help Of Bry (our other partner in crime) we got where we are at today with our collections. as you go through life you will learn things dont always come free. a mix for a mix is just common sense. think about it, to get your taco and large drink from taco bell you'll have to pay with cash credit or debit to get it. im mean come on.. heller :p JK that was a lil rude. but anyways we as traders follow certain rules for example, 2011 for 2011, older mixes free, recorded.. well i dont want recorded lol, and the dont trade dont tell policy... we do only what were asked of. and at the end of the season most "non trade-able" mixes get released. "lifes Like A box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get" :p Love Ya Fierce Boarders.. Nighty Night :)

i loveee you guys [:
im glad you shouted me out there, i thought you had forgoten about bryan ]: haha <333333333

Back