OT Transfers Bid?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 3, 2011
I know a team who had 19 girls and 1 boy in small coed 5. The boy just quit yesterday, and he was the only boy in the whole program. It doesn't matter because summer just started and there will be another girl who can fill in; but if this would have happened in the middle of competition season after the team had a bid, would they be not able to compete? The bid can't transfer from small coed to small all girl, correct? So the team would either have to get another bid or not go? Just wondering.

I don't think so. Different division, different bid.

I wouldn't think so, since the bids are awarded if that team did well in their division. That would be a dilemma :O

If I remember correctly, there was some discussion on this topic when Panthers flip flopped between Medium/Large for a bit last season... Think the consensus was that you can't (as you say) transfer the bid. They would need a new one.

If I remember correctly, there was some discussion on this topic when Panthers flip flopped between Medium/Large for a bit last season... Think the consensus was that you can't (as you say) transfer the bid. They would need a new one.
I remember a lot of their flip flopping happened because some competitions didn't have Medium as a division but I think you're correct on needing a new one.

Would they compete in the coed anyway as a coed but without any guys? It would be a huge disadvantage but wouldn't they then just sub in someone (a girl) for the guy based on the rules and just compete with all girls??? Just putting it out there...

From the Worlds Registration and Information Packet:

Bid receiving requirements
• A team that receives and accepts any type of Worlds bid must compete
at the Worlds in the same division they competed in at the qualifying
event where their bid was awarded.

So if anyone leaves the team must replace them following the substitution and alternates guidelines.

From the Worlds Registration and Information Packet:

Bid receiving requirements
• A team that receives and accepts any type of Worlds bid must compete
at the Worlds in the same division they competed in at the qualifying
event where their bid was awarded.

So if anyone leaves the team must replace them following the substitution and alternates guidelines.
So they can compete in coed without any guys in the coed division? According to that rule, I would say yes!! If they cannot come up with a male replacement or substitution, then they would be comprised of all female athletes and compete in coed.

Substitution and Alternates rule:
  1. The rule that applies to substitutions is as follows:
    A Maximum of 10 substitutions will be allowed per team for The Cheerleading WorldsTM Championship.

A substitute must be a regular paid participant from another team at the same gym and must have competed “on the floor” with that team from that gym at the same event where the bid was awarded. All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as the original team that was awarded a bid (i.e. age, etc.).
    [COLOR=rgb(0.000000%, 28.000000%, 100.000000%)]UPDATED [/COLOR]- WORLDS ALTERNATES: Of the 10 possible substitutes, one to three of those 10 may be alternates. Alternates are registered mem- bers of the same team’s gym where the bid was received. Alternates do not have to be rostered or in attendance at the Worlds bid qualifying event where the bid was received.

There is nothing here that says a boy can't be substituted by a girl, so long as she meets the same eligibility requirements as the team she is being placed on.

They couldn't be in a coed division without a boy because they wouldn't meet the criteria on the age grid that specifies 1-x males.

They couldn't be in a coed division without a boy because they wouldn't meet the criteria on the age grid that specifies 1-x males.
Good point, I knew you could sub a boy for a girl, but I missed you need at least one.

So if they can't find a male replacement, would they be forced to forfeit the bid? I've never considered what would happen to a Worlds bound team if they lost their boys!

So if they can't find a male replacement, would they be forced to forfeit the bid? I've never considered what would happen to a Worlds bound team if they lost their boys!

I don't know if would impact the bid or if they'd be disqualified once they got to Worlds and competed. That's probably a Les question.

I would think that this team who lost their boys would then try to secure a bid within the all girl division then and give up that bid in the small coed division since they are no longer coed, since they cannot compete without any boys on the team. That would make sense to me then. It would be a shame though that this team would lose their bid and have to try again without boys, but it sounds like the rules would dictate this.

Back