Transitioning From Tumbl Trak

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Just wondering what you do as a coach or what your coaches do to help you transition skills from a Tumbl Trak or Trampoline to the floor? Thanks!

Our coaches always remind us that its different because you have more height. Normally they will add a mat on the tumble track once a skills becomes easy. its all about pushing and going faster on the floor. The tumble track is used to get used to the technique and get the feel of whatever skill your doing. I personally dont like the false height but its definetly great when you want to throw a skill but are scared without a spot on the floor!

While I've heard arguments against it, I am a huge supporter of the Tumbl Trak. I think it is a valuable tool where athletes can gain confidence and muscle memory on the safe comfort of springs and mats. It's my personal policy at tumble classes that if you haven't started working it on tumbl trak, I'm not spotting you on floor. I.e. If you've never thrown a RO BHS connected ever, floor isn't the place to start. Once you have it consistently on Tumbl Trak you should spend a lot of time on floor getting spotted and on wedge mats, springboards and that sort of thing

Back