High School Transportation To Away Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our varsity team goes away but jv is doing at home camp which is 150 per girl. We also require gymnastics which is approx 220 for the whole season. We try to be conservative with spending but girls enjoy getting matching practice gear and bows. I believe for two pairs of shorts from varsity and 3 Ts we came in at 70.00 for our practice wear. Then we add on warm ups, shoes and body liners for the newbies. I can't see it being possible to stay under 300 unless we cut camp and gymnastics which would really hurt the team. I do think it is important however to be mindful of what you're asking parents to pay and to offer as much fundraising opportunities as possible!!

I graduated in 2008 but I believe things are still the same. The cheerleaders were bussed everywhere for free. For football games, the football players took up two busses, the band took up three, and cheer got one of their own. We didn't travel basketball season, so only football. We were bussed to every competition and even bussed to the local all star gym after school when we had mandatory tumbling. They also bussed us to parades and things of that nature that were required. It was all free as long as the paperwork was all complete and in with enough notice.

My parents still paid A LOT out of pocket. Sleep away NCA camp, warm ups (every other season), mandatory new shoes every season, and mandatory nonsense like hoodies, scarves, gloves, ear warmers, leggings (games are cold starting October here) and travel to nationals. I'd estimate $1000 a year. Not that cheap for a school "activity." Cheer was not considered a sport at our school, but the AD did pay our entry fees to competitions.

I graduated in 2008 but I believe things are still the same. The cheerleaders were bussed everywhere for free. For football games, the football players took up two busses, the band took up three, and cheer got one of their own. We didn't travel basketball season, so only football. We were bussed to every competition and even bussed to the local all star gym after school when we had mandatory tumbling. They also bussed us to parades and things of that nature that were required. It was all free as long as the paperwork was all complete and in with enough notice.

My parents still paid A LOT out of pocket. Sleep away NCA camp, warm ups (every other season), mandatory new shoes every season, and mandatory nonsense like hoodies, scarves, gloves, ear warmers, leggings (games are cold starting October here) and travel to nationals. I'd estimate $1000 a year. Not that cheap for a school "activity." Cheer was not considered a sport at our school, but the AD did pay our entry fees to competitions.
Random, but you're only a year older than me? I always thought you were a little bit older- it's a good thing, don't take it wrong haha

I also thought you were older than me. I was wrong!

Back