Traveling To Be On A Certain Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 8, 2011
im sorry if there is already a post on this im not really sure if there is because i couldn't find one, i was just wondering what is you opinion on traveling a certain amount of hours to be on a certain team/cheer at a certain gym? do you think its okay, or when is it to much?

Depends on lots of factors. At ACE in Birmingham, we've had people drive from Tennessee, Florida & Georgia and fly from Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Texas to cheer.

For them is was definitely worth it.

I know my gym, Cheer Athletics, has lots of people from everywhere. They love cheering here, and they wouldn't ever want to cheer anywhere else. Of course, if your a tiny 1 team, traveling 5 hours to get to a certain gym wouldn't be appropriate, IMO.

I want to cheer at stingrays but the drives 2 hours and 40 minutes, and Rockstar cheer is about 1 hour and 20 minutes, but my mom said shes not driving that far. )':

i drive 45 minutes and there are other girls who drive over an hour. if the team is good and you really want to be on it, you'll make sacrifices.

there are some poeple on my team (Maryland Twisters) who drive for two or more hours to get to practice.

Im moving this summer and looking into ACE of Atlanta or Birmingham, Stingrays, and GA, all of which are anywhere from 1-2 hours aways from where Ill be. For me it would definetly be worth it if I do. Moving is giving me the opportunity to possibly be on a really great team.

Depends on lots of factors. At ACE in Birmingham, we've had people drive from Tennessee, Florida & Georgia and fly from Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin & Texas to cheer.

For them is was definitely worth it.

They have to fly to get to practice? How many days a week do yall practice? and man, thats dedication and great parents right there!

Im moving this summer and looking into ACE of Atlanta or Birmingham, Stingrays, and GA, all of which are anywhere from 1-2 hours aways from where Ill be. For me it would definetly be worth it if I do. Moving is giving me the opportunity to possibly be on a really great team.
RAYS! :D

Back