Traveling To Be On A Certain Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We drive 45 minutes to our gym and used to attend a gym that was 5 minutes away. We also live within 15 minutes of several other gyms, but my girls are the happiest they have been in several years and we are at a great gym now, so that all makes the 45 minute drive worth while. The best part is that they used to complain and even cry on the 5 minute drive but we dont have any of that on our 45 minutes drive.

i travel an hour four times a week to cheer for my team. there's people that travel for 2 also. if you really wana cheer for that team then i dont think there's a limit on when to say the driving is too much.

WOW! Flying to practice??? I complain about my 25 minute drive! I guess everything is relative :)

i will start going into a new gym this season and i will be driving a hour to a hour and half but i would not drive much longer. It will all depend on whether you have the extra time to go in and drive that long. It also depens on if you can afford to drive with gas so high. my mom will be paying an extra $150 a month to drive in and thats with gas at the price it is now.
im sorry if there is already a post on this im not really sure if there is because i couldn't find one, i was just wondering what is you opinion on traveling a certain amount of hours to be on a certain team/cheer at a certain gym? do you think its okay, or when is it to much?

well since i live in like the boonies i have to drive 45 minutes to the closest gym, which isn't too far. but it's so worth it!

Back