All-Star Trends That Are Already Annoying

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You could be talking about our old gym lol. The coach did that religiously.

We don't do this on purpose but I have used songs that I later realized were in some well known teams mixes. I don't follow other teams that closely so it's purely unintentional.
Accidental or not, I think it's hard not to use a lot of the same songs in all star cheer. So many songs just work so well!

If someone does do this though, it doesn't bother me unless they totally ripped off the mix and are using their actual mix. We all have teams we look up to and these kids get inspired by those high level, elite teams so using music that they have used may just be an inspirational tactic.

As annoying as that is, I'd LOVE if a really good mixer could make a 'World Champ Master Mix' every year, that combines a little bit of each winners mix.

So that when I'm coping with the hilarious nonsense in my life, I can curl up into a cheer coma and wash the crazy away..

haha yeah...someone used to do that, I have one from like 2005/2006 old school :)

Alright this isnt a trend but I had to come on here and complain because it relates to what mommadonna said about the trophies:
Yesterday at a school competition my younger sister competes on a JV team and they didnt have any competition in their division. They had a rough performance and knew that they had to get a certain score or higher in order to receive a 1st place trophy. They didnt get that score and didnt receive a trophy. They were dissapointed but understood why. BUT another JV team who did an exhibition got a 1st place trophy for a "good effort" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We complained but nothing was done about it...

I hate when people are "national champions" when they only competed against 2 other teams and all the teams were basically from the same state.

As annoying as that is, I'd LOVE if a really good mixer could make a 'World Champ Master Mix' every year, that combines a little bit of each winners mix.

So that when I'm coping with the hilarious nonsense in my life, I can curl up into a cheer coma and wash the crazy away..

I'm pretty sure one was made a few years ago and it was AMAZING

We don't do this on purpose but I have used songs that I later realized were in some well known teams mixes. I don't follow other teams that closely so it's purely unintentional.
Accidental or not, I think it's hard not to use a lot of the same songs in all star cheer. So many songs just work so well!

If someone does do this though, it doesn't bother me unless they totally ripped off the mix and are using their actual mix. We all have teams we look up to and these kids get inspired by those high level, elite teams so using music that they have used may just be an inspirational tactic.
Like when the team from Jamaica used the exact music Shooting Stars had used competing hours before....INCLUDING the voice overs. I almost peed my pants....well not really but it was seriously funny. I often wondered if they had any idea that's what they did... Or did some Sparky sell them that music? LOL :D

Like when the team from Jamaica used the exact music Shooting Stars had used competing hours before....INCLUDING the voice overs. I almost peed my pants....well not really but it was seriously funny. I often wondered if they had any idea that's what they did... Or did some Sparky sell them that music? LOL :D
I'm sure either:
A) They did know. I'd bet you anything they typed in 'allstar cheer music' into youtube, found every mix that came up in top 10 (and we know that the popular worlds-contenders would be at the top of that search), and cut some of that music together. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't imagine there are lots of cheer music mixers in Jamaica. Or they'd know a major mixer to contact. Or that they felt their money was best spent that way.. OR
B) They didn't know. They hired out somebody who did the above or had someone else do it (family member who's good with a computer/music editing).

Either way it was awkward and you could tell they didn't like the mix. But as soon as music came on that they felt connected to/comfortable with, they ROCKED OUT.

I'm sure either:
A) They did know. I'd bet you anything they typed in 'allstar cheer music' into youtube, found every mix that came up in top 10 (and we know that the popular worlds-contenders would be at the top of that search), and cut some of that music together. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't imagine there are lots of cheer music mixers in Jamaica. Or they'd know a major mixer to contact. Or that they felt their money was best spent that way.. OR
B) They didn't know. They hired out somebody who did the above or had someone else do it (family member who's good with a computer/music editing).

Either way it was awkward and you could tell they didn't like the mix. But as soon as music came on that they felt connected to/comfortable with, they ROCKED OUT.
It kind of was a rhetorical question...LOL but I am sure you are right. It was way more fun imagining them having their Sparky moment at "World's"....just sayin'

It kind of was a rhetorical question...LOL but I am sure you are right. It was way more fun imagining them having their Sparky moment at "World's"....just sayin'
I dunno..it kinda rubs me the wrong way when people bring it up.

I know what it's like to come online and feel embarrassed about the way people are talking about you. And that was one little video and maybe 10 people. I can't imagine how crushing that embarrassment must be..because it's not just x4500 (or however many tons of people attended worlds). It's also everyone watching that video making fun of them for that, calling them thieves and the like (as the world of youtube can be a VERY cruel place). Maybe I'm a bit sensitive..maybe cause I can imagine they weren't too happy about the whole thing..

Wasn't Sparky because there weren't any spirit fingers

I dunno..it kinda rubs me the wrong way when people bring it up.

I know what it's like to come online and feel embarrassed about the way people are talking about you. And that was one little video and maybe 10 people. I can't imagine how crushing that embarrassment must be..because it's not just x4500 (or however many tons of people attended worlds). It's also everyone watching that video making fun of them for that, calling them thieves and the like (as the world of youtube can be a VERY cruel place). Maybe I'm a bit sensitive..maybe cause I can imagine they weren't too happy about the whole thing..
Well I don't see it that way at all...but I can see how it could be taken that way. I see it as a country that is knew to cheer. Did someone really call them thieves and the like...

Here's another annoying trend:
Everyone getting a prize for just showing up. I mean...I don't get a chocolate chip cookie every day for getting out of bed. It used to be that in any competitive event, there was 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place...they got awards (trophies, ribbons, whatever...) and everyone else went home to work harder. I don't know when we started rewarding mediocrity and making everyone feel that they're entitled to something that they didn't really have to work for. Just sayin'....
The thing that annoys me is these prizes that everybody gets are usually worth nothing pieces of plastic people will put in a draw and never even think about again. If the excuse is to 'get what you pay for' I'd rather them lower my competition fee than be charged more to pay for something I'll never see again.

Back