All-Star Trends That Are Already Annoying

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dunno..it kinda rubs me the wrong way when people bring it up.

I know what it's like to come online and feel embarrassed about the way people are talking about you. And that was one little video and maybe 10 people. I can't imagine how crushing that embarrassment must be..because it's not just x4500 (or however many tons of people attended worlds). It's also everyone watching that video making fun of them for that, calling them thieves and the like (as the world of youtube can be a VERY cruel place). Maybe I'm a bit sensitive..maybe cause I can imagine they weren't too happy about the whole thing..

i still love watching their performance. they are a new country to cheer and i think they are just naive to the crazy cheer world and how using pieces of other music is 'wrong'. they mixed up some cheer mixes they heard before and went with it.

though, in all honesty, i wish they made a mix of their own cultural/jamaican songs. when they got to the dance with their own familiar music you just saw those kids come alive. that dance and their sheer joy was probably one of my favorite worlds' moments.

When teams post pictures and brag about their first place finish when they were the only one in their division to start with.
Ok, maybe not a trend but a huge pet peeve.
Ohhhh, I hate this! There was one school I know who was like "WE GOT SECOND AT UCA!" yeah. Out of two teams. Good for you. Or when teams will be like "WE BEAT CRAPTASTIC!" yeah. Once. Out the 4 times you competed against them.

The thing that annoys me is these prizes that everybody gets are usually worth nothing pieces of plastic people will put in a draw and never even think about again. If the excuse is to 'get what you pay for' I'd rather them lower my competition fee than be charged more to pay for something I'll never see again.
Whooops I meant drawer. I'm tired.

i still love watching their performance. they are a new country to cheer and i think they are just naive to the crazy cheer world and how using pieces of other music is 'wrong'. they mixed up some cheer mixes they heard before and went with it.

though, in all honesty, i wish they made a mix of their own cultural/jamaican songs. when they got to the dance with their own familiar music you just saw those kids come alive. that dance and their sheer joy was probably one of my favorite worlds' moments.
I can't agree more with what you said. They were one of my favorite teams at Worlds - they tried so hard - they gave it 110% with smiles on their faces. Cool Runnings is one of my favorite movies and I see so many similarities. They may not ever win Worlds, but I bet you see this team improve immensely over the next few years.

As a team, you should always act professional. Whether it's first place or last, take it with class. I'm so tired of hearing people blame the judges, the competition brand, the other teams, anyone but themselves for the outcome of their routine. If you spent that energy practicing and not wasting it blaming others, you would see results in your score sheets and not be in the situation to begin with.

Alright this isnt a trend but I had to come on here and complain because it relates to what mommadonna said about the trophies:
Yesterday at a school competition my younger sister competes on a JV team and they didnt have any competition in their division. They had a rough performance and knew that they had to get a certain score or higher in order to receive a 1st place trophy. They didnt get that score and didnt receive a trophy. They were dissapointed but understood why. BUT another JV team who did an exhibition got a 1st place trophy for a "good effort" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? We complained but nothing was done about it...
:banghead:

People who think the name/size of a gym automatically affects the judge.

Music in general.

Parents that think they are coaches, coaches that think they are the parent.

All of these but especially the coaches that think they are parents. They're our kids and we decide what's right/wrong good/bad for our kids. Sorry if you don't like it, I'll just find another gym and so will everyone else that doesn't like it.

I digress slightly, but I think this has become a problem across so many spectrums of life, not just in cheer. The clearest example is in our schooling system. Nowdays people feel like every child should get an award, every child needs to feel "special" and like they are "winning", so now instead of the person topping the subject getting an award, for example, everyone is getting awards just for "trying hard". It completely devalues the person who is actually winning/achieving IMO. I don't think there is anything wrong with having only the winners receive awards, and I don't think that this damages children's self-esteem (like so many people think). On the contrary, it actually teaches them important life lessons. The world is not all sunshine and rainbows, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose (even though you may have tried your hardest), and learning how to deal with that is an extremely important skill.

I think this is from a local radio show but they call it "the wussification of America" - everyone's a winner just for showing up.

When well known team wear practice clothes or mark 95% of the routine at a actual competition. I think its so disrespectful to the EP , and I know I'd never let them enter my comp again. No such thing as a practice/warmup comp!

thats kind of similar to when worlds first started up until 2007ish...many teams would come out one day in practice wear and mark

Latest posts

Back