High School Trendy Poms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
Do you find that pom styles go in and out?

We're about to sink a bunch of money into sideline poms since ours are all smooshed and I want to get something besides just the solid metallic, like a target or bullseye pom. However, I'm also very aware that I haven't seen those styles since almost the turn of the century and I'm wondering if those are out of vogue, or if poms can even be en vogue. I don't want to drop all this money into props that are going to look dated in a few years.

Thanks.

ETA: does anyone have experience with laser or holographic poms? Do they look cheap?

Last edited:
Geez, I haven’t seen a bullseye Pom in at least 20 years. Can you even buy them?

Solid is timeless because it’s serving it’s purpose - leading the crowd in school colors. (Yes they are also used in Pom dances, etc, but you asked about looking dated, and solid never will be for the aforementioned reason.)

Geez, I haven’t seen a bullseye Pom in at least 20 years. Can you even buy them?

Solid is timeless because it’s serving it’s purpose - leading the crowd in school colors. (Yes they are also used in Pom dances, etc, but you asked about looking dated, and solid never will be for the aforementioned reason.)

They’re around. I think I just remember them fondly because when I was in HS, the dance team had them. Which means the cheer team wanted them.

And yeah, I think we’re just going with a solid color again. It just looks so classic and clean.

Do you find that pom styles go in and out?

We're about to sink a bunch of money into sideline poms since ours are all smooshed and I want to get something besides just the solid metallic, like a target or bullseye pom. However, I'm also very aware that I haven't seen those styles since almost the turn of the century and I'm wondering if those are out of vogue, or if poms can even be en vogue. I don't want to drop all this money into props that are going to look dated in a few years.

Thanks.

ETA: does anyone have experience with laser or holographic poms? Do they look cheap?
For Sideline we get what are called “unicorn Poms” ... solid hologram “Fire Pom”... there’s not a place we go that someone doesn’t compliment us on how pretty and unique they are. They go with EVERyTHInG as they pick up the colors in anything you wear...
We had them first from Omni and they were a bit heavy then purchased some from Varsity and they were much lighter but slightly more delicate.
They do not look cheap- they’re VeRy show stopping.
We also have a set of traditional Poms we use so we can switch back and forth.
Well worth the investment

Back