All-Star Triple Crown

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Who won triple crown this? (Cheerposrt, NCA and UCA) I know Orange won all three.
I think Rays Grape won too? Who else?

Who won triple crown this? (Cheerposrt, NCA and UCA) I know Orange won all three.
I think Rays Grape won too? Who else?

Impressive feat, but UCA is not in the same class as NCA and CHEERSPORT, IMO. People in our area would put JamFest/Majors way ahead of UCA when it comes to all stars. College & HS is a different story.

UCA Allstar Nationals was one of the most prestigious allstar competitions in the country along side NCA & Cheersport back in the day. Once worlds began, that changed UCA forever! The UCA style and everything changed once Worlds came about. Remember the days when Memphis Elite won every division at UCA and the allstar routines would stop in the middle for the cheer portion like high school? Maybe Im just too old! Plus teams don't want to make that trip to Disney twice in a year (Unless your on World Cup & you have endless amounts of money to travel to Atlanta, Vegas, Dallas, & Orlando from New Jersey All in one year!).

Basically UCA has been set back due to Worlds but it is still considered apart of the "Triple Crown" that we all know.

I wish there was a major comp that took place out west more than dallas, like california, i hate that most of the major events happen on the eastern side in general. Like make UCA a california event or cheersport or jamfest, although i know that would probably never happen.

I think it would be cool to have an "unofficial" triple crown or grand slam list of events. I know the Nfinity Cup is an attempt. I really think it all depends on your division and competition. Some I would say UCA is tougher than Jamfest some the other way around. NCA and UCA don't split Worlds Divs so there is that to consider as well.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

i would say although the majors is a big competition its hard to include because many teams decline the invitation. same with uca, for large senior it was just stars and peach. cheersport for sure cause almost everyone was there, worlds, and im not sure what i think would be the third. just my thoughts though :)

It also depends largely on which part of the country you are from. People in Texas generally have always had zero interest in who wins UCA. People in Florida probably have zero interest in who wins Cheer America, ACA, or Spirit Celebration.. I just don't think "triple crown" really applies.

The term "triple crown" has been the tradition for decades now, and will always be NCA, UCA and Cheersport. I know some may think UCA doesn't qualify - but the size of the competition alone, especially in Levels 1-4, has gotten incredibly large in recent years. Also, UCA represents way more states than Jamfest.

NCA started doing all star nationals in 1995. UCA in 1996, CheerSport in 1997. There are gyms older than that (ours included). "Decades" might be a stretch - especially since CHEERSPORT wasn't really big until about 12-13 years ago. (NCA and UCA's HS nationals went back further than that, but UCA disqualified you if you dared compete at any other "nationals", so that term couldn't have started before that.)

You are free to call it whatever you want. However, I have never heard that term used by anyone other than a few people in the Southeast or East Coast (teams close to CHEERSPORT and UCA) - and that was only in the last 2-3 years. "Triple Crown" is forcing a horse racing term on cheer when it doesn't fit IMO.

The term "triple crown" has been the tradition for decades now, and will always be NCA, UCA and Cheersport. I know some may think UCA doesn't qualify - but the size of the competition alone, especially in Levels 1-4, has gotten incredibly large in recent years. Also, UCA represents way more states than Jamfest.
Really, I thought UCA has been dying a slow death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back