Trying To Start A New Gym....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 12, 2017
Hey everyone! New here!

My family and a coach have been in the process of trying to open a new cheer gym in my area.

There is one in the northern part of the county already. However, its leaves parents with a bad taste in their mouth and majority of them are fed up and want a new place to go. (the long story short version)

After talking with another coach she informs me that this place has some sort of "contract" with our county that they will not allow another allstar/competitive cheer team to be built in the county.

This place is pretty shady so I semi believe it, but it also seems a little far fetched to me.

Guessing my question is - who do I contact to find out if its true? The zoning/ordinance department?

I don't know where you live but generally ordinances and zoning are local and town issues, not county issues. Do you have a space in mind? You can try the zoning office or your town manager and find out if that use is permitted in your desired location. You can probably even find a master plan or zoning plan online for your community...gl!

Couldn't you operate an allstar team under a performance rec team? Someone told me a team did that.
They're not the same thing. That wouldn't be an all star team if they were competing as performance rec. They could look similar, but you're not all star unless you're all star.

Back