High School Tryouts 2018-2019 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone have a tryout form they use? I'm thinking like a place where they can write down skills they have on dead mat, stunting position/experience, year in school, stuff like that.

I'm interviewing for two head coaching positions and I want to try and come into both as prepared as possible.
I can link you to the college tryout packet cp had to fill out. I know there was a tryout form in there that sounds like what you are asking for. I'll send it to you in a message.

Hypothetically, if I were still planning to coach and this was rolled out for me next year:

Situation A - Not ideal. Unfair, but I would not die.
Situation B - I may sign my resignation AT the board meeting because that is crazy.

Sidenote: I wonder if people who take to news/legal wrangling to get kids on teams realize what they set their kids up for? Ex: Becky's mom makes big stink about her kid making Varsity. A situation like this ensues. Becky is placed there by school board. Becky is now THAT kid.

Exactly my thoughts! I had 2 girls not make it this year and their parents went crazy, I told my assistant coaches that if the school or the board made me put them on my team I'd walk. I couldn't coach where they let the parents walk all over you. Also what kid would want to cheer on that reasoning, the "oh I'm here because my mom complained and they gave in"

Exactly my thoughts! I had 2 girls not make it this year and their parents went crazy, I told my assistant coaches that if the school or the board made me put them on my team I'd walk. I couldn't coach where they let the parents walk all over you. Also what kid would want to cheer on that reasoning, the "oh I'm here because my mom complained and they gave in"

Unfortunately lots of kids could not care less that they get things because their parents complained.

In fact, I've kids on social media brag about it. "watch what I'll get once my mom starts to b*tch and moan"

Not having outside judges would never fly at my daughters school. Town is too small and everyone knows everybody. We had 16 girls total tryout for high school. That is jv and varsity. It would end up that who ever made it, only made it because the mom is a friend of the coach. We had a little of that anyway.

Back