Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gymnastics or Tumbling?

• Gymnastics

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Tumbling

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2017
Hi! I'm new here. My daughter is 3 and I plan on registering her for "show team" where I live. She's never done cheer before but she's super excited about it. With out any cheer experience I feel like she needs some extra classes. I was thinking about putting her in a tumbling class along with her show team practice but read online that gymnastics really helps at that age. Which do y'all prefer and think is better for a 3yr old just starting out in cheer? Gymnastics or a tumbling class?

Bumping. I personally would have her do exhibition team only, exhibition and tumbling classes is too much for a 3 year old just starting out.

Preschool gymnastics classes focus on teaching kids how to develop more rudimentary motor skills, and IMO might be a better option, if she's up for it.

I definitely think she can handle gymnastics & cheer. I'm a stay at home mom so she doesn't go to daycare or anything. And she's an only child so I feel she needs to socialize more. She loves when we go places and she has other kids to play with so I'm just trying to get her more involved in some activities.

Tbh, I do not know much about cheer gyms and the lessons they provide for 3 year olds, but I do know that most gymnastics gyms offer great tumbling classes for young children and they are often placed
In classes with 4 year olds and have the children working on the trampoline, floor and this swinging like harness gadget that they place on the child to get them use kicking their legs/feet over their heads and doing somersaults, but I must warn, at most gyms the 3 years old are placed in groups, not private instruction.

So, I guess, I am real bias and I have to vote for a gymnastics gyms, so your 3 year old can learn proper tumbling techniques and then eventually move to a cheer gym, once she learned the basics. Jmo

I also vote for gymnastics! It will be more well rounded and teach everything and different ways to learn body coordination. Gymnastics can teach skills in progression and break down a skill. At 3/4 its a time to learn how their body works and to learn taking turns, listening and having fun!
I taught preschool gymnastics for numerous years and cp came to class everyday after preschool.[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back