All-Star Tumbling Off The Mat/stage

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 17, 2009
I was watching the video below just now and it got me thinking about how often this happens. I know people step out of boundaries all the time, but how often do u have seen people literally FLY off the mat after landing a pass or worse, land their pass (tuck, layout, full, double) w/ their feet on the hard floor? It's so scary.

Has anyone ever seen someone fall off a stage or something? I'm sure its happened.

Cheersport Nationals 2001 - 2002 ish someone literally flew off the elevated stage into the crowd of people. It was a large coed team because we were all packed into the arena to see top gun. I'll never forget him flying into the crowd like he did. He just got up ran around back up on the stage. I mentioned it in a thread a couple of months ago and someone knew the team and guy I was talking about but I can't remember who they said it was. This was back when cheersport was the only spring floor competition so people weren't used to having that much power at competitions. I would love to see a video of it, but doubt that will ever happen.

I was watching the video below just now and it got me thinking about how often this happens. I know people step out of boundaries all the time, but how often do u have seen people literally FLY off the mat after landing a pass or worse, land their pass (tuck, layout, full, double) w/ their feet on the hard floor? It's so scary.

Has anyone ever seen someone fall off a stage or something? I'm sure its happened.

I think there was a team from Vipers that had someone fall off the stage at this same competition.

I don't think there's a video anywhere online but like 4 or 5 years ago the mats at one of the competitions we went to were coming apart and after my tumbling pass my foot got caught in them and I fell like face first off the floor onto the concrete. Needless to say there was no deduction but it was super embarrassing!

oh my god! so scary! did someone base who usually backs or did the pyramid just go up without their backspot?!

I was wondering that myself. and the baskets. though i'm pretty sure they start with 17 girls and in the pyramid I count 17. Is there any way she got back on stage or am I delusional?

Courtney from rays smoke landed her pass on the concrete in atl NCA classic. No video of it, theres a video but its just people freaking out as she did it haha.
and by landed i mean she completed it, without busting and walked away with a smile on her face.

i tumbled OFF the elevated stage when i was seven... no video of it unless i could find it, but it was super embarrasing and i never hear the end of it!:deadhorse:

I was wondering that myself. and the baskets. though i'm pretty sure they start with 17 girls and in the pyramid I count 17. Is there any way she got back on stage or am I delusional?
they start w/ 18. end with 17. i cant find out where the girl fits in though for pyramid and baskets? the team recouped like nothing happened.

We have little mini competitions at our invitational competitions for our high school teams in my area and one is most consecutive back hand springs in a row (since tumbling is limited in our area to most) and one girl on my team was going corner to corner, and all if us were sitting near the corner she was going to finish in, but once she got to the corner and we were screaming "STOP" but she obviously zones out during tumbling and tumble straight into the crowd... and still tried to keep going. She ended up knocking a girl out and giving another girl a bloody nose, but other than that most of the crowd was ok... but she never heard the end of it!

they start w/ 18. end with 17. i cant find out where the girl fits in though for pyramid and baskets? the team recouped like nothing happened.

alright. that makes more sense, because i was trying to figure out how she could have snuck back on stage. but still, major credit to them. not one of them even hesitated.

Back