Twerk Ban

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Mamarazzi, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ErinS

ErinS Slow your roll, Sparkle. World Champion GIF Poster

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer

Yeah, I went to his last tour in 2011? I think. I had good seats. Floor level. When he picked someone from the the crowd to get grinded upon on that couch I was like "pick me".

But then I realized that he was sweating and would get sweat on me and since feet and bodily secretions make me drive heave....it wouldn't have been pretty.

I probably would have needed up a viral video on YouTube

2. BigBow

BigBow There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    can we just talk about beyonce?

3. mollymags

mollymags I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional

It actually is illegal in California, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware. Many more states are pushing for a ban on it. But the fact that there needs to be a law against it is proof enough that it was happening.

4. cheerKT

cheerKT Best Overall Poster Fantasy Football Winner

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ktguen
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Ridiculous to have to turn over your passwords to social media accounts, but I can completely see turning over your usernames to be glanced over. There's no reason to log into your account and check your private interactions, but public ones I'd have to say I agree with.

5. mollymags

mollymags I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional

I agree with anything public as it could be a representation of the company you work for, especially if you are publicly listing your employer on those sites. If you are working with a client for them and they search your name and see drunken antics on Facebook, they may choose to take their business elsewhere. But anything that you don't make public... that should be off limits.

6. Cheermom1969

Cheermom1969 Hiding from the Beygency. . .best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Where's your passion? Where's your commitment? You can do it, read it allllllll!!!!! (ok, just my stuff cuz I'm funny) LOL!

:cheering:;)

7. Cheeranswers

Cheeranswers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    hahaha if im being honest i DID read most of yours and a lot of them were funny.. other side, not so much.. kinda like a boring, long book..

8. Cheermom1969

Cheermom1969 Hiding from the Beygency. . .best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Not sure I agree. Yes, he is a very intelligent young man, and I too am impressed by his debating abilities (truly). But there was bits of rudeness from him as well. I also feel he was condescending in his tone at times, and he apologized. Big respect from me for him doing that.
    As I told him, maybe this isn't the place for long dissertations on the subject of twerking. I do get what he was trying to get people to do, critical thinking of why a rule should or shouldn't be a rule and the reasonings behind it, etc., but again, just don't think this is the place. Just my opinion. :)

9. SheCheers

SheCheers Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The entire time I read this thread, "Know your audience" kept popping into my head.

10. Kissmynfinities

Kissmynfinities I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    "If youre twerking, your not working!"

11. Cheer Dad

Cheer Dad Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The internet is public domain not private. As pointed out, some states have made it illegal for companies to require your social media passwords but that is not always needed. Once out there it stays there and can usually be retrieved in some form and I would suppose with the new facial recognition software available might be even easier to find pictures of you posted by friends that you may never known about or knew about but were never tagged in.
    Here is a link from an online legal magazine.
    Technology: The right (and wrong) way to monitor your employees on social media

Here is another one, granted 2 years old, that illustrates a small survey of hiring managers.
    How Recruiters Use Social Networks to Screen Candidates [INFOGRAPHIC]

12. kristenthegreat

kristenthegreat Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Heck, I don't always need to be careful of my employers- I once posted a series of sad, angry fbook wall posts (I was in the middle of a breakup, and I'm the type of person who needs to talk things out loud to process them). I got a message from one of my older cousins asking if everything was alright. :oops:

Or the one time I posted about how this creepy guy got my number and sent me a series of threatening, harassing text messages. A few hours later I got a call from my father- one of my other cousins ratted me out to him. :rolleyes: Again, I'm 23.

13. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am not trying to be rude here, and I think you had some valid points, but then I got so irritated with your lectures and tone and words that no one uses that I started getting all :confused::banghead::deadhorse:and didn't want to agree with anything you said anymore lol. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. You have been a member of the boards for a while, so you know that we love to debate here, but we also like to keep things fun. We get it - you are not opposed to twerking. We got it 10 pages ago. But other people are, and sometimes instead of arguing every.single.post that disagrees with you, you just have to go with the flow, turn the other cheek, have some sweet tea, whatever - just say "let's agree to disagree and move on". :cookie:

14. cupieqt

cupieqt Person everyone wants to meet this season National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    cupieqt
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    He was rude, just in a more long winded way. I tend to stick with zingers. He apologized and the discussion was finished, but we can start over if you'd like.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

15. BigBow

BigBow There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    ew. thanks to the twitter feed on here, i just clicked on his twitter and go re-annoyed. rude :mad:.