All-Star Twerk Ban

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

completely agree.. it just never fit and i felt awkward watching.
It was like the choreographer didn't have anything to do for that part so she decided to move her body in that crazy way for 4 counts.

It was like the choreographer didn't have anything to do for that part so she decided to move her body in that crazy way for 4 counts.

and twerking with a giant bow on your tush just makes it silly. she can certainly move, though. that's for sure.

there was a vine recently posted by a rather well known Senior Elite member. it was about 8 senior elite cheerleaders twerking to "Gas Pedal". it is weird to think that if that rule was at Cheer Extreme, about eight of their girls from a world champion team would be getting the boot.

Am I the only ones who feel embarrassed for people twerking? I don't know, its just like sorry, but I don't want your butt in my face...

ETA: Does anyone know who runs the Industry News account? Sometimes they sound like a kid, others like an adult
I thought JR "owned" IN but idk who posts for him.

Did they get deducted for that dance? I happened to glance at it in the videos thread and I got curious. I mean, imagine the announcers trying to explain the 'family friendly' sport of cheer if they'd shown THAT dance on TV..

I can't help how much I love those butt bows though. It's a ridiculous uniform, but I adore it for no reason.

I know their sr 4 was told to bring another dance day 2 at NCA a few years ago. It was nasty. Guess you have to bring it in the dance if your at savanah.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I know their sr 4 was told to bring another dance day 2 at NCA a few years ago. It was nasty. Guess you have to bring it in the dance if your at savanah.

They have a long history of that. Talented gym, but they push the boundaries sometimes. Specifically with a certain French Maid themed routine...

there was a vine recently posted by a rather well known Senior Elite member. it was about 8 senior elite cheerleaders twerking to "Gas Pedal". it is weird to think that if that rule was at Cheer Extreme, about eight of their girls from a world champion team would be getting the boot.
Ive seen them ! I dont personally get offended by the videos of any cheerleaders "twerking" etc haha it doesnt make me think any less of them but the thought crossed my mind about the gym and how they feel about it. I know in one of the videos you can hear people laughing so who knows !

...So we shouldn't drop that thun thun thun anymore?
Only if you have a "Gas Pedal" to get away quickly.
My 8 year old CP is one of the youngest at her gym, and she already looks much older- she's "learned" how to twerk by watching the older kids in the gym. Not. Cute. At. All. She knows that if she does it, her private lessons are going out the window.

I saw that, I've seen it from some other teams too. I think especially the Worlds team athletes, who are more well known and have more followers on social media should not be doing this. As said many times, sets a bad example for the younger generation

i changed my mind on the subject.. although i still dont look at a person doing this a reflect it upon the gym, i think it is down right inappropriate, and really bothers me now. before i just skipped past the videos, until i saw many comments on a certain cheerleb's vine that said "i want to be just like you!!!" or "we need to do this at practice monday!!". i dont think these cheerlebs understand how much impact they have on younger athletes at their gym, or that have access to social media at all.. its so concerning. if you're a popular athlete, i understand you have a social life and you are entitled to that, but if you ABSOLUTELY feel the need to put up a video like that, make a personal account where you can allow certain people in your actual life to follow you, instead of your thousands of mouldable athlete followers

If this is becoming a Cat Meme thread....
2qmnjwh.jpg
Does anyone else think this poor cat is ugly?

People have some strong opinions, don't they?

My heart hurts when I see what some of the posters on this thread have called teens who twerk - "classless," "trashy," etc. Don't forget, this is a dance. An action. Not a characteristic.

Please, oh please, comment on a Parent Forum thread about your "Starbucks Cup" at comps...Judge not, lest YE be judged. Matthew 7:1, anyone? Y'all should be familiar with scripture.

People have some strong opinions, don't they?

My heart hurts when I see what some of the posters on this thread have called teens who twerk - "classless," "trashy," etc. Don't forget, this is a dance. An action. Not a characteristic.

Please, oh please, comment on a Parent Forum thread about your "Starbucks Cup" at comps...Judge not, lest YE be judged. Matthew 7:1, anyone? Y'all should be familiar with scripture.
i do agree with this but i dont think people realize that what you put on social networking is reflecting yourself directly. so if they put up a bunch of inappropriate videos, unfortunately i feel they are negatively reflecting themselves and allowing people to interpret the videos (and them because chances are they dont know them personally) as things like classless and trashy, even though the person themselves most likely aren't. ah the problems with social media..

Back