All-Star Twerk Ban

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i do agree with this but i dont think people realize that what you put on social networking is reflecting yourself directly. so if they put up a bunch of inappropriate videos, unfortunately i feel they are negatively reflecting themselves and allowing people to interpret the videos (and them because chances are they dont know them personally) as things like classless and trashy, even though the person themselves most likely aren't. ah the problems with social media..

I understand, but I'm taken aback at the fact that some posters are using some harsh language to describe twerkers who post their twerkness on social media.

If twerking is that bad, why let a child do it at all, on social media or not? I've seen quite a bit of " Well, it's OK as long as it's not on social media." That's just doo doo. Either let your child booty clap or not. Period.

If twerking is that bad, why let a child do it at all, on social media or not? I've seen quite a bit of " Well, it's OK as long as it's not on social media." That's just doo doo. Either let your child booty clap or not. Period.
I'll give you that. Take a stand and stick with it. FTR, I'm in the "ah, hell to the no" camp.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I understand, but I'm taken aback at the fact that some posters are using some harsh language to describe twerkers who post their twerkness on social media.

The last sentence of this has reaffirmed my "live" for you. (That's a special love for those who don't know)

I'll give you that. Take a stand and stick with it. FTR, I'm in the "ah, hell to the no" camp.

Ditto. I just do not like it. Video or not. But alas, I don't like many things that I have to just get over.

i do totally understand the not liking the harsh words cause they really arent necessary at all. for a long time i chose to scroll past and not even watch until i saw the impression that they're making on their younger followers. and as for the last sentence hopefully this is just a fad and itll go away long before i start having children.. just hope i wont look at it and think twerking is nothing compared the new phase :oops:

I've never posted so I really don't know what I'm doing lol.
But anyways, my school cheer team were posting #WallTwerkWednesday on our instagrams. Not all of us, just a few of us. Well, one day in gym (all cheerleaders, basically a class period to practice) our principle came down along with our cheer coach and showed where it was in the athletic handbook about inappropriate things being posted online. Long story short, if we post a vine/picture/anything of us twerking we're off the team.

@Cheeranswers - I can pretty much guarantee that "the next thing" will be way worse than twerking. That's how it goes.
Kids test boundaries, buck the system, and if they didn't, we'd all be wearing hoop skirts and living with our kids til we die.
As a parent, not a gym or school administrator, I have to choose my battles. If my kid decides to twerk, as opposed to some of the other million things that kids do that toe the line of decency, I'm actually not going to flip.

@Cheeranswers - I can pretty much guarantee that "the next thing" will be way worse than twerking. That's how it goes.
Kids test boundaries, buck the system, and if they didn't, we'd all be wearing hoop skirts and living with our kids til we die.
As a parent, not a gym or school administrator, I have to choose my battles. If my kid decides to twerk, as opposed to some of the other million things that kids do that toe the line of decency, I'm actually not going to flip.
Imagine how many "Starbucks cups" and snacks you could smuggle into a cheer comp under hoop skirts…

Imagine how many "Starbucks cups" and snacks you could smuggle into a cheer comp under hoop skirts…

Yeah, but I'm not giving up my skinny jeans and off-shoulder tops. I will, however, consider riding into the parking lot with a Conestoga wagon.

Yeah, but I'm not giving up my skinny jeans and off-shoulder tops. I will, however, consider riding into the parking lot with a Conestoga wagon.

Come on, you know that's where the big purse comes in - or better yet, our cp's backpacks that we HAVE to lug around! ;)

Back