Twerk Ban

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Mamarazzi, Jul 23, 2013.

1. ErinS

ErinS Slow your roll, Sparkle. World Champion GIF Poster

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer

Inspired myself and probably millions of women around the world to do squats.
    [​IMG]

2. Alice03182935

Alice03182935 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Apart from the awkwardness of her dancing, her hair kills me! Like what was she thinking?! :confused:

3. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    im more disturbed that this girl cant properly apply lipstick...

4. MaineStar234

MaineStar234 There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    EmUnpeeled
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I guess it was inspirational for him somehow? Hahh I don't even try to understand his logic.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

5. TheTalkedAboutMinor

TheTalkedAboutMinor When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    That's the fun of it. :cheering:

6. ShawnsDadof4

ShawnsDadof4 I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'm thinking people are forgetting that these artist (Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus and any other person in the Entertaining business) are doing just that - "Entertaining". It may not be the entertaining that we'd like, but that is what they do. The original video for "Blurred Lines" is of topless models. Not to mention Robin's wife is an actress who has performed numerous love scenes and it was also her idea to do the topless love scene with Denzel Washington in their new movie. So I highly doubt she is worried about Miley or the VMA performance. She saw the rehearsals and its what Entertainers do. Fame (not the gym) can make or break you and what is Billy Ray going to do? Miley is 20 years old, he can't make her do anything unfortunately but talk to her. Miley's acting out, is her own actions or that of an image she is trying after in the music industry. Everybody remembers Hanna Montana and she doesn't want to be that now. I don't particularly like her tongue and freak dance with the foam hand thing but every year at the VMA's, someone does something weird and there is always something for next day cooler talk and I guess this is it. Oh I forgot to mention, if it was social buzz she was after she got it on twitter and facebook and a slight rise in sales for her single. I'm not defending it just stating that from an entertainers point of view, she is trying to work the media, the way Dennis Rodman did by marrying himself, or the many Britney Spears stunts. Why doesn't Lady GaGa just come out on stage without the costumes and just sing like Adele does? Because herself or someone in her management decided she would do better in the industry with being over the top, and the media ate it up. I think Miley has fallen victim to that part of entertaining, who knows..?

7. Cheermom1969

Cheermom1969 Hiding from the Beygency. . .best GIFs/Memes

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Um, hmmmm, well, not sure what that means. But ask him in a few years when he's a dad if her performance is still fine with him. ;)

8. CheerMomNTx

CheerMomNTx I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    CheermomNTx
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It's a gimmick that works and now she is selling more music. She accomplished what she set out to accomplish...to be talked about and get her name out there even more. She still looked a H.A.M!!!

9. BuegeSmalls

BuegeSmalls Uni designer and state IDer-Most positive shimmies Blondemafia

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I was at work last night and I got a text from my mom asking what twerking was. Lol

10. TheTalkedAboutMinor

TheTalkedAboutMinor When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Just remembered Miley was an allstar cheerleader until the sixth grade at premier Tennessee something. I'm under the impression that she was probably center twerker.

11. IloveSeniorElite

IloveSeniorElite I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Did anyone else think Miley's tongue out facials were a throwback from her 11-year old allstar days? That's all I could think of was bad tongue facials. Ewww.

12. AndrewSky

AndrewSky Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Any form of publicity, positive or negative, is still publicity.
    She definitely got what she planned to do.

13. cheercurl

cheercurl Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I think that Miley Cyrus is ashamed of her Hannah Montana roots and would do anything to disassociate her self from her Disney days. She has made it clear she is not interested in being anyones role model. Guess what? MIssion accomplished...now she looks like a skanky ex-disney star. She use to just look like an ex-disney child star transitioning to an adult star. Hmm....actually an adult star just might be her calling:rolleyes:. She needs to remember without Hannah Montana there would NO Miley Cyrus. Her attitude of "I don't give a poop about what anyone thinks...." Is going to back fire when people stop giving a poop about her.

14. Ally13

Ally13 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
  15. cheernerd5678

cheernerd5678 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Brb dying
    And that last part. THIS is what she's missing. She shouldn't act like she doesn't appreciate it
    because its the only reason she has what she does now. She would be nothing without Hannah Montana.... There are ways to change your image without going to extremes and basically giving a slap in the face to everyone who helped with/put her on/loved Hannah Montana. Be thankful for everything they do... its like when we talk about gym hopping and giving no credit to the gym that taught them Everything they have coming onto the new team... You didnt get your layout solely from two months at your new gym. You may have gained the skill but you couldnt have without being taught a round off, backhandspring, and tuck at the gym prior. And she wouldn't have all the opportunities she has without HM

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!