Twist Cradle Problem...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2011
hey, so we've been having a problem for a while...
when the flyer in our stuntgroup twist cradles, her arm always hits my face!
i'm a secondary base and i've tried lots of things, i've tried to step back a little, go a little more to the left... but i always end up having pain ... once my teeth were stuck in my lips! and since then i'm a little scared, but we're still trying to do it. we havent made any progress yet though :p
does anyone know what seems to be the problem? thanks xoxo

Wrong category but Ill answer you anyways! Try having your flyer stay SUPER tight when she twists. She is most likely flinging her arms around in her twist resulting in hitting her bases. Try having her twist grabbing her elbow, with her hands tight to her side, or just simply bringing her arms in tighter to her body. Make sure you as bases and backspots DO NOT MOVE! As much as it hurts it is ultimately your job to catch her no matter what. Good luck!

yes! just tell your flyer to stay as tight as possible with her hands by her sides and just to look over her shoulder
good luck you guys will get it:)

hey, so we've been having a problem for a while...
when the flyer in our stuntgroup twist cradles, her arm always hits my face!
i'm a secondary base and i've tried lots of things, i've tried to step back a little, go a little more to the left... but i always end up having pain ... once my teeth were stuck in my lips! and since then i'm a little scared, but we're still trying to do it. we havent made any progress yet though :p
does anyone know what seems to be the problem? thanks xoxo

That's one of your problems... hold your flyer in a cradle with her arms out to the sides, and notice how far away her arms are from your face. Then, take a step back and see how much closer she is to punching you in the face. Chances are, if you're staying under your stunt, she's not gonna hit you.

If she still does, she needs to do it without opening up, and the back needs to catch her shoulders instead of under her pits.

Back