Twist Up In Level 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2015
haha dumb question but... Is a 3/4 twist up to 2-leg extension legal for level 3? I know 1/2 up is level 2 and full up is level 4. Just wondering about Level 3. anyway, thanks!
If it is legal, why don't teams do it?

I was on a J3 team two seasons ago and we did a full up to extension but the techniques and certain way we did it was very specific if it was messed up then it would have been illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Direct quote from USASF:
"
Full twisting transitions must land at and originatefrom prep level or below only. Example:No full ups to an extended position
Twisting transitions to and from an extended position may not exceed a ½twisting rotation"

Seems pretty clear. No more than a half twist to extension.

So the only way you can "full to extension or 3/4 up" is if the stunt hits the 1/2 and then the bases turn an addition 1/4 and/or 1/2? Unless the flyers hip can somehow be really flexible they would have to turn there hip half way around there body while in the squish?

It would have to be broken up, yes. The bases tuning only works if the turn is not continuous.

So the only way you can "full to extension or 3/4 up" is if the stunt hits the 1/2 and then the bases turn an addition 1/4 and/or 1/2? Unless the flyers hip can somehow be really flexible they would have to turn there hip half way around there body while in the squish?
There has to be a clear stop between the 1/2 and the 1/4.

Back