Two-based Stunt In L1

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 10, 2011
So, from what I've read on all threads on here it's allowed with twobased prep stunts in L1.

Meaning that eather one of the bases holds the foot of the flyer with on hand and the ankle with the other while second base holds an usuall(1), or that the "main"base holds the flyers both feet and the second base holds one hand on flyers toe and other hand och ankle.(2)
As long as a base holds both feet and a spotter holds at least one of flyers ankles, right?

2zscwoh.jpg

Sorry for my bad drawingskills haha...

Now to get the stunt to prep, can the mainbase squat, grab the flyers (who's at gut-level, second base holding her up) feet and then just stand up while secondbase/spotter just grabs the ankle and they all end up like my second example above. That's legal right?

And on to my biggest question, can you cradle from there? With two bases, from prep level.
The rules says:
Cradles from single based stunts must have a separate spotter with at least one hand-arm supporting the waist to
shoulder region to protect the head and shoulder area through the cradle.
Question is if it is a singlebased stunt? the second base is still touching her foot, but she is also a spotter since she's holding the flyers ankle, right?
I've seen cradles from gut-level catched by only one base and then a spotter with her hand at the flyers shoulders. But thats not from prep so it should be diffrent...

How ever, to my questions:
Can you do the prep stunt as I explaned above?
Can you cradle from prep with only two catchers?

Oh and this is all for the youth division!

1. Will depend on the updated definition of spotter. If the stunt is legal after the new glossary comes out cradling it will also be legal. (My guess is the new glossary will make it illegal.)

2. Is legal to hold and cradle.

1. Will depend on the updated definition of spotter. If the stunt is legal after the new glossary comes out cradling it will also be legal. (My guess is the new glossary will make it illegal.)

2. Is legal to hold and cradle.

Okay thank you so much!

Back