Uca 2019

Discussion in 'UCA' started by lovecheering, Feb 12, 2019.

1. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I agree, but it's pretty typical for different Worlds divisions to have different judges. So it would still be comparing scoring from different sets of judges. Also Summit bids are given out among several different panels at most comps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. DancerDude0118

DancerDude0118 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    The Most Populated Timezone on the Planet
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Man, that’s terrible... but I guess we can’t expect one panel of judges to judge a whole level.

Not sure what more can be done to eliminate subjectivity.

3. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    subjectivity will always exist. I just feel bad for our daughters team as they did soooo good and I truly feel were not rewarded........judges should at least explain a score, but we are not a big gym,....... what r you going to do but continue today....thats cheer.

4. KPep

KPep Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    It depends on what you want to discuss. Over here you can only challenge difficulty and deduction scores, and you have a certain time to do it.

5. CLynn

CLynn I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am sorry you feel that way, hopefully there is something positive you can take from the experience and today is better!!

6. notyourcheermom

notyourcheermom Slow your roll, Sparkle. National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Since NCA published the scores, our coaches started having a team meeting about 20 minutes after we compete on day 1, they did it at UCA, too, I think it really helped parents and the athletes understand the little things that make a big difference. It was also nice to see how our scores in everything stacked up against those we were competing against. Day 1 at UCA CP's 1st team had a 4.50 in dance and they gave comments on cleaning up our dance. But the whole division scored 4.40 to 4.60 in dance on day 1. Just nice to see.

7. DonnaM

DonnaM I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    We didn’t place where we would have liked, but had good scores given what we’d done all season. As the one D2 gym (with a decent number of girls who had never done all Star before or were new at level 3) in a division with really, really big gyms, we knew it would be tough. But we had a really good Day 2, and we keep getting better. One more bid comp after this.

8. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    General question. Any one else think the scores were inflated this weekend at uca?

9. DonnaM

DonnaM I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Base scores, maybe, but the judges seemed to also be really picky on execution and performance. The comments were very detailed.

10. MomMomMamaMom

MomMomMamaMom I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It was interesting getting to see the scores. But what I saw was different. There’s were some high execution scores in our division that omitted glaringly obvious mistakes. I saw day 2 scores go up, despite poorer performances too. But it was across the board in our division. Everyone got higher raws day 2 for ours @ least.