High School Uca High School Nationals 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure if Davie county hit but they were really rewarding the attempt of difficulty and not cleanliness in divisions, we were one of maybe 6 teams that hit with no stunts coming down in our division but we 'fake full up' so we did not get credit for the skill at all in the difficulty score. It was an interesting weekend and very educational. If Burlington really dropped 6 stunts in prelims I am suprised they advanced them straight to finals, sorry but 6 is quite a bit. I love me some BT and they are great but there has to be some reward for being clean too. I think it is teaching kids that just throwing something is better then being clean.
I like that, it keeps things authentic.

Not sure if Davie county hit but they were really rewarding the attempt of difficulty and not cleanliness in divisions, we were one of maybe 6 teams that hit with no stunts coming down in our division but we 'fake full up' so we did not get credit for the skill at all in the difficulty score. It was an interesting weekend and very educational. If Burlington really dropped 6 stunts in prelims I am suprised they advanced them straight to finals, sorry but 6 is quite a bit. I love me some BT and they are great but there has to be some reward for being clean too. I think it is teaching kids that just throwing something is better then being clean.

Can you define which "fake full up" you're doing? We're thinking of going to UCA next year...we do cross leg full ups mostly. We've had more success with those than traditional grip. Curious to know what's fake to judges. Thanks and congrats to all!

They did drop 6, but they didn't go straight through to finals. They needed to compete in the semi-final round. They ended up placing second, right behind southwestern. (Even with 1 fall in finals)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Burlington did not go straight through; they had to go to semis and end up in 2 at finals with one fall. Congrats Burlington! I Love BT!

Can someone explain the World School division? I am confused by this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't looked at the rules since I was in HS so I might be wrong, but I believe you had to have competed in finals the year before to qualify for Worlds. I like the idea, if I was a coach I'd make my kids if we were able.

I haven't looked at the rules since I was in HS so I might be wrong, but I believe you had to have competed in finals the year before to qualify for Worlds. I like the idea, if I was a coach I'd make my kids if we were able.
Your correct, you have to have been in finals the year before. It goes by age too. So hs , middle school And rec divisions . Teams from China Mexico and a few other countries were there.. Was very fun!

Schools come in from other countries to perform as exhibition teams. China, Puerto Rico, Canada, UK, etc.

Back