High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My team was supposed to try and attend this year for the first time in 6 years, but sadly decided against it.. Good luck to all those competing this weekend. Super proud to see Kentucky representing so well :)

My team was supposed to try and attend this year for the first time in 6 years, but sadly decided against it.. Good luck to all those competing this weekend. Super proud to see Kentucky representing so well :)

Is that HC on your uniform Henderson County? I'm taking my team at Apollo in Owensboro for the first time in a couple years. You guys warmed up right behind us at KHSAA state. Large Varsity DII. I haven't been to NHSCC since I was competing in high school 20 years ago. It's a whole different group of teams there now, well, except of course for Greenup County.

I remember it had something like 72 team in 2013. Crazy! One of my favorite divisions, medium choreo is so much fun to create.

That's funny to me, because I hate medium choreo for a dumb reason....even numbers of stunt groups. In Kentucky, our "Super Large" division is capped at 24, and I don't like it either. I just like having a center group. Although, I will say that if I really considered all the advantages that come with being able to tell cheer-divas that they can't be "center flyer" because we don't have one...I might change my tune.

That's funny to me, because I hate medium choreo for a dumb reason....even numbers of stunt groups. In Kentucky, our "Super Large" division is capped at 24, and I don't like it either. I just like having a center group. Although, I will say that if I really considered all the advantages that come with being able to tell cheer-divas that they can't be "center flyer" because we don't have one...I might change my tune.

I'm a big fan of odd numbers of stunt groups as well. I have 28. When I had 24, 20, etc. I wasn't a fan.

I prefer smaller sized teams because they look cleaner on the floor IMO; even a really sharp large team doesn't look as clean as an equally sharp small team, just because of numbers. The great thing about medium choreo is that you can still look about as clean as a small team, but you have more freedom with pyramid elites and formations because you are a little bit larger. Having even number of stunt groups can definitely nag at me though (then again, you can slot an alternate stunt group in the center at practice, making it easier to watch them).

I'm really excited to watch teams almost as excited as I am to have my kids participate. So much amazing talent out there.

Agreed! I love the look of medium sized teams but IMO it's easier to choreograph pyramids for odd numbered groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that HC on your uniform Henderson County? I'm taking my team at Apollo in Owensboro for the first time in a couple years. You guys warmed up right behind us at KHSAA state. Large Varsity DII. I haven't been to NHSCC since I was competing in high school 20 years ago. It's a whole different group of teams there now, well, except of course for Greenup County.
Haha yes! We were Super Large this year at state, and had a pretty disasterous day at that. I know that we had a group go that had seniors on it the year before my freshman year but that's the last time I remember! We have a large senior group this year who really as pushing for nationals and with them leaving I doubt we will go next year which is sad because I'd really truly love to go :/ Oh well, who knows what we will have come in next year, just hoping for a good senior year at this point.

Back