High School Uca High School Nationals 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have had nationals stomach for two days now... May have to go get a massage..a scalp rub... Or Something, have our VROC clean up sesh Friday :eek: anyone else this wound up?!
Always! I get nationals nightmares! I feel better after practice yesterday. I guess we'll see how I feel after today's practice! My team is struggling for consistency, so my feelings change on the daily!

Always! I get nationals nightmares! I feel better after practice yesterday. I guess we'll see how I feel after today's practice! My team is struggling for consistency, so my feelings change on the daily!
Mine too!!! V Roc Guttted our cheer. (Needed it)... But they had a comp yesterday. They got 1st... But we're so concerned with changes... They bobbled all over and had one SF. I was like, "who ARE you?!" We are doing double days until we leave Thursday. I've literally forgotten to eat 3/4 times this week b/c I'm so stressed.

Same same same !
We placed first yesterday and killed it with a 87
Today wtf? 2 sf 1 was in cheer and killed the score
Placed second....
So Inconsistent. I literally am trying to pack and get everything crammed into a few days... Good luck everyone and fingers crossed no rain !!!
Anyone know what they will do for the open air pavilion ?? It's the baseball field set up like Worlds was last year? What If it rains ? And damn it will be chilly at 8 am outside just like how Hollywood studios was :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I FEEL all of you!!!!! I don't know who these children are!!! Can they not understand we only have 2 days left of practice here? What if it rains there on Thursday and Friday as it's forcast? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL all of you!!!!! I don't know who these children are!!! Can they not understand we only have 2 days left of practice here? What if it rains there on Thursday and Friday as it's forcast? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soo lets all take a big deep breath together... Ready, ?
Breathe....
Ok so let's talk weather
My team does not rent out gym space so if it's raining we will be some wet soggy girls...
But everyday the forecast is changing slightly.. And remember this is Orlando so rain may be morning rain and then sunny and then more rain and then sunny... So just be flexible and try to get as much practice in at home as possible. I stress to my girls that the football turf is not soft and when it's wet it's slippery so push hard here at home... They still complain and whine and are drama queens but I will be the first one to tell them yep i told you to work hard at home.

Let's try to relax and enjoy our time watching our teams shine like the amazing athletes they are!
This is their time and their memories... We just need to remind them why they're there... Trust me there is NO better feeling than winning that jacket... [emoji6] we need to remain calm for them... So breathe, relax, repeat because it will all work out and we will all have an amazing time doing what we love ! Coaching our teams:)

Rain :( Last time I looked there wasn't any rain until Monday, just some clouds. We've been one year where it rained at the resort but was bright and sunny at the park. You just never know with Orlando in February! I remember 2 years ago it rained a lot too. We had all of the Flyers bring their bath towels out and they stood on those before loading. Poor Disney laundry had to wash hundreds of wet and muddy towels from all the cheerleaders!

So today our first full out had 8 drops, 3 busts and 2 omissions. While fresh! I wanted to make them run sprints the rest of the day I was so upset with the lack of effort. I'm not sure whose kids showed up, but they aren't mine! After a hard 3 hour practice the last full out we did hit, tell me how that makes any sense! Of course many full outs in between, I just don't get it! If you can hit tired, why not just knock it out right away and not have a crazy woman for a coach the next few hours!

Took a veteran out and put an alternate in her spot. Hate to do that to a kid on the week of nationals, but she wasn't doing her job or applying corrections. Alternate is doing great and hit a couple of full outs in a row. I still worry about a brand new girl, with a whole new routine the week of nationals going in, but the kid wants to be in so bad that I think it might just work. Lord help my nerves! 2 more practices until we leave, I can't believe how fast time has flown this last week!

Same same same !
We placed first yesterday and killed it with a 87
Today wtf? 2 sf 1 was in cheer and killed the score
Placed second....
So Inconsistent. I literally am trying to pack and get everything crammed into a few days... Good luck everyone and fingers crossed no rain !!!
Anyone know what they will do for the open air pavilion ?? It's the baseball field set up like Worlds was last year? What If it rains ? And damn it will be chilly at 8 am outside just like how Hollywood studios was :(

I didn't know what the pavilion was, but baseball field makes sense. I figured I would find out at coaches meeting! So I guess they won't announce finalists at the baseball field then again this year? I actually liked that better!

Rain :( Last time I looked there wasn't any rain until Monday, just some clouds. We've been one year where it rained at the resort but was bright and sunny at the park. You just never know with Orlando in February! I remember 2 years ago it rained a lot too. We had all of the Flyers bring their bath towels out and they stood on those before loading. Poor Disney laundry had to wash hundreds of wet and muddy towels from all the cheerleaders!

So today our first full out had 8 drops, 3 busts and 2 omissions. While fresh! I wanted to make them run sprints the rest of the day I was so upset with the lack of effort. I'm not sure whose kids showed up, but they aren't mine! After a hard 3 hour practice the last full out we did hit, tell me how that makes any sense! Of course many full outs in between, I just don't get it! If you can hit tired, why not just knock it out right away and not have a crazy woman for a coach the next few hours!

Took a veteran out and put an alternate in her spot. Hate to do that to a kid on the week of nationals, but she wasn't doing her job or applying corrections. Alternate is doing great and hit a couple of full outs in a row. I still worry about a brand new girl, with a whole new routine the week of nationals going in, but the kid wants to be in so bad that I think it might just work. Lord help my nerves! 2 more practices until we leave, I can't believe how fast time has flown this last week!
Holy smokes!! Well fingers crossed ladies
And oh yeah crazy coach woman has shown herself at our practices too!
[emoji51]

@ScottyB is there a limit on how many devices you can stream nationals on? Deciding if it's worth splitting the price with Hannah & Leah, but it would be playing in three different devices.

Now I wish I were a cheer triplet LOL. I didn't even consider the option of splitting the cost with siblings!

So... is anybody going to be a G and try to Periscope some of this for us?

Oh Lordt.

legitimate question: Two teams that did not qualify at uca regionals are now currently on the schedule for nationals. Both are long standing uca programs. One team did not receive a bid at regionals and the other never even competed...so how does that happen?

Back