College Uca Instructors?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerKatie08

ESPN Star
Dec 15, 2009
Hey, posting this in here for those of you who are UCA instructors that could help me find a connection.

A few years ago at camp, I was given one of those papers to try out to be an instuctor, etc. However, that summer I was only 17 (you had to be 18 to tryout) and threw out the paper not thinking I'd ever want to do it again. This year I'm kinda missing cheerleading now that I've "retired" and thought becoming a UCA instructor might be a great summertime thing, as there are also opportunities to work competitions during the regular season. I regret throwing that paper away haha!

Long story short, I have no idea where to go from here. I am in the Northeast region, but my Regional Director hasn't returned any of my calls or e-mails that I sent last summer. If it helps, I recently turned 19 and am a sophomore in college. I live on Long Island, NY during the summer but go to college in Louisville, KY. If anyone knows how to get started here or have a number I could call, that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!

Pretty sure tryouts for staff are sometime around now. so you wouldnt be able to do it until 2012 i think. because the apps and such are due way earlier

Pretty sure tryouts for staff are sometime around now. so you wouldnt be able to do it until 2012 i think. because the apps and such are due way earlier

That's fine, still just looking for a # or contact person even for 2012. Thanks though!

if you go on varsity.com and searchfor it there. you'll find it, however tryouts are usualy like right now. but there was a guy on our team that was scouted at state in feb and he was still able to try out. be an exceptional athlete and they might consider it? they have numbers on varsity.com

Typically paperwork and sometimes a video are due around december for most cheer camp companies, but live tryouts are held later in the year still. UCA doesn't post their tryout dates on their website, but if you can't get ahold of your staffing director by the end of the month I did find that NCA has a tryout for their staff in PA in January:http://nca.varsity.com/stafftryouts.aspx

just so you know the tryouts for UCA in the north is in feb. depending what state you are trying out in i believe there is one in ny pa ct. if you still need info just let me know message me and i can get you in touch with the directors. i work for them

Hey, posting this in here for those of you who are UCA instructors that could help me find a connection.

A few years ago at camp, I was given one of those papers to try out to be an instuctor, etc. However, that summer I was only 17 (you had to be 18 to tryout) and threw out the paper not thinking I'd ever want to do it again. This year I'm kinda missing cheerleading now that I've "retired" and thought becoming a UCA instructor might be a great summertime thing, as there are also opportunities to work competitions during the regular season. I regret throwing that paper away haha!

Long story short, I have no idea where to go from here. I am in the Northeast region, but my Regional Director hasn't returned any of my calls or e-mails that I sent last summer. If it helps, I recently turned 19 and am a sophomore in college. I live on Long Island, NY during the summer but go to college in Louisville, KY. If anyone knows how to get started here or have a number I could call, that would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much!

UCA apps are due at the end of October and they do cuts just like you are trying out for a school team so its too late to try out but contact your area representative for information for next summer staff

Katie, you would be an amazing UCA Instructor!!
biggrin.png
I definitely think you should look into it and maybe if you somehow contact the right people they can fit you in. I definitely want to do staff one day/work in the cheer industry..I am 50% retired already and it's killing me! (still cheering in college, barely though) haha I don't think I can fully leave cheer though! Good luck!! :) p.s. I used to go to uca camp in PA (pine forest/trails end)--it's a great location and all of the staffers I've had there have been wonderful and um, the guys are always really hott! hahaha I had to. <3

Back