High School Uca Nationals 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Clearly not this year. Scoring was baffling in the field house for many divisions. I think a certain judging panel was scoring differently, because some divisions were true to the normal and some were all over the place and unpredictable.
Not sure I feel the same way....
1st difficulty is huge and scored accordingly. The only portion of the entire routine where difficulty really does not matter is in the cheer, where you are expected to be clean and lead the crowd. You can not have great signs and have the audience follow if you are spinning and other type of stunts that are considered difficult......so no crazy stunting in the cheer section.....
Other than that, it is difficulty that can make the difference between one team and the other. You can have a team with a perfect routine that will be beat by a team with falls and bobbles because their routine is much more difficult.....
Hope my explanation helped a little.

BTW I've been watching the routines and I've noticed a two-day uniform trend..... knowing how much custom uniforms cost, is this really necessary? I mean, imagine being new to the team and having to fundraise for both, brand new.

BTW I've been watching the routines and I've noticed a two-day uniform trend..... knowing how much custom uniforms cost, is this really necessary? I mean, imagine being new to the team and having to fundraise for both, brand new.
Well since they're reused they don't have to buy a full team's worth every year, and I think it's pretty common for schools to have multiple uniforms... Our varsity has 3 and our JV has 2, plus a bunch of old ones sitting in the basement that we could use (if they weren't so ugly, that is). So they're probably just using the uniforms they already have and just bringing 2. Or one new for nationals and one old one that they've been using for games?

A ton of my college friends cheered there in HS! Awk.
I was watching a video of them on the CheerCincy YouTube channel, and get this: they used to have CROP TOP uniforms. In high school (mind you, this was 2010/11, not 00 or 01 before they got banned). I would honestly hate to wear a crop top for high school cheer (oh, the stereotypes).

Last edited:
Well since they're reused they don't have to buy a full team's worth every year, and I think it's pretty common for schools to have multiple uniforms... Our varsity has 3 and our JV has 2, plus a bunch of old ones sitting in the basement that we could use (if they weren't so ugly, that is). So they're probably just using the uniforms they already have and just bringing 2. Or one new for nationals and one old one that they've been using for games?
IDK, but I'm talking about varsity teams (I can see how JV would be able to get old uniforms to avoid the cost, though). Picture being a freshman on a varsity team, and having to buy the "old" AND the new uniforms...

IDK, but I'm talking about varsity teams (I can see how JV would be able to get old uniforms to avoid the cost, though). Picture being a freshman on a varsity team, and having to buy the "old" AND the new uniforms...
Usually you don't buy school cheer uniforms. You borrow them and return them at the end of season. So you wouldn't ever have to buy both

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Usually you don't buy school cheer uniforms. You borrow them and return them at the end of season. So you wouldn't ever have to buy both

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Actually, it depends on the school. Some schools make you buy your uni, others lend you the shell and skirt for the season (that's what my school did) and you buy your cheer shoes, spankies, bodyliner and bow.

Last edited:
This used to be really common for high schools, back before it was a thing for allstars. It sort of died off in the mid to late 2000's. Everyone used to use different uniforms for Saturday then they did for finals on Sunday. It actually makes since for high school though. Most schools have multiple uniforms that they rotate. Our school has 3 uniforms that every girl has so it would be really easy to say we're going to wear blue on day one and black on day two. No extra funds needed, just extra luggage! I actually like it because in the pictures & videos it's easy to tell which day it is. That is one more thing to worry about everyone bringing and keeping up with!

Last edited:
2014 UCA National High School Cheerleading Championship

Loved Arlington, they were military-clean (especially with the back handsprings at the beginning). BUT THEY STOLE LIKE HALF OF KENTUCKY'S MIX AND I DIED LAUGHING DURING THE CHEER BECAUSE THEY'RE BLUE AND WHITE WITH A (WILD)CAT FOR A MASCOT WHAT IS THIS?
They always have other teams music! I'll notice at regionals when I hear a mix come on and when I look up it's always them. The second half of music that it cuts to is really old music from the 90's. I have old video tapes of competitions from back then and I recognize the same awful music that they always use!

Back