High School Uca Nationals 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Quick question: are their any commonly used practice areas besides the grassy area at WWOS where we see teams doing run throughs every year? And do people strictly stunt and mark tumbling, or has anyone ever tried to go full out? Have any of you ever noticed issues with dew on the grass because of the Florida humidity and time of day?

So at the resorts... all star area ... football field ( turf) everyone goes there to practice. It's absolutely crazy! 100's of cheerleaders running routines.. The Who's Who of cheer go there.
Mostly we stunt, dance and usually do some tumbling...
it's very very loud and can be overwhelming for some teams.
Some other areas available are the tennis courts and all the grassy areas
Bring a few towels to wipe feet if it's damp.
Also quiet hrs are 10pm to 10am
No music or loud cheering
At WWOS it's all grass.
This will be our 7th year and we finally have gym time reserved for at least 1 practice on mats
Let me know if you need more info :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at the resorts... all star area ... football field ( turf) everyone goes there to practice. It's absolutely crazy! 100's of cheerleaders running routines.. The Who's Who of cheer go there.
At WWOS it's all grass.
This will be our 7th year and we finally have gym time reserved for at least 1 practice on mats

I wish everyone were given dry, indoor warmup space. The potential need for towels worries me. As a coach, do you feel like the noise poses possible safety issues?

I wish everyone were given dry, indoor warmup space. The potential need for towels worries me. As a coach, do you feel like the noise poses possible safety issues?

Last year it was crazy at the field so we went to the courts to really work hard... then the girls wanted to head back over to "show" their routine.
At times it can be way overwhelming and super crowded

Quick question: are their any commonly used practice areas besides the grassy area at WWOS where we see teams doing run throughs every year? And do people strictly stunt and mark tumbling, or has anyone ever tried to go full out? Have any of you ever noticed issues with dew on the grass because of the Florida humidity and time of day?
There are lots of areas at the Allstar resorts - tennis court, basketball court, various grass patches and of course the football field. All of the "courts" and "fields" are turf on top of concrete or just plain concrete. We only do stunts, and I've only ever witnessed other teams stunt as well. I have seen tumbling if it's part of the stunt, like back handspring in type deal. I have also seen kids willingly on their own tumble for a video. I've never witnessed a coach making kids tumble on these surfaces. Caribbean has some small grassy areas. I've never stayed at the other resorts, so I'm not sure what type of practicing happens at those.

At WWOS there are a few large fields used. We use this as a pre-warm-up room warm-up. So its stretching and stunt warm-up, no full outs. While we technically could tumble, there's no point when we'll have mats soon, plus we don't want to wear them out. Last few years the grass has been ok one day and muddy/wet the other. Just depends on the Florida weather and the time of day.

I have never personally felt the noise was a safety issue. It's loud, but no more so in my opinion than the warm-up rooms and arenas can be. We have a loud sport, part of it!

Last edited:
So lets chat about stuff....Anyone have any thoughts on attendance this year? I'm seeing a huge surge in hearing about people doing Game day. ...Anyone having room issues this year? I feel like the online portal was so seamless and really helped with registration.

So lets chat about stuff....Anyone have any thoughts on attendance this year? I'm seeing a huge surge in hearing about people doing Game day. ...Anyone having room issues this year? I feel like the online portal was so seamless and really helped with registration.

Game day was big at the Northeast regional this year... everyone is jumping on that band wagon for another opportunity to be a UCA National champion

I think the comp is growing so much the days are earlier and lasting longer at WWOS,
And the tents are terrible
They are cold, and not as big.. last year was awful. They ran abt 2 hours behind schedule
Had teams warming up and then waiting an hour to perform... I pray it's better this year.

Game day was big at the Northeast regional this year... everyone is jumping on that band wagon for another opportunity to be a UCA National champion

I think the comp is growing so much the days are earlier and lasting longer at WWOS,
They are cold, and not as big.. last year was awful. They ran abt 2 hours behind schedule
Had teams warming up and then waiting an hour to perform... I pray it's better this year.

Im not really well versed in UCA competitions, so what is game day? Whats different about it than the regular UCA comp?

I saw the list of schools from our state and it's grown. Quite a few new schools.

The tents were awful last year! My other coaches and I were talking yesterday about how we didn't get to go to the parks Sunday night last year because we were in the 30 degree worlds tent arena until after midnight. That night was so miserable!

Im not really well versed in UCA competitions, so what is game day? Whats different about it than the regular UCA comp?
Gameday imitates a game environment rather than a competition routine. The announcer will cue the team to perform either a chant, cheer, or band dance. They keep teams on their toes by changing the order for each team.

Gameday imitates a game environment rather than a competition routine. The announcer will cue the team to perform either a chant, cheer, or band dance. They keep teams on their toes by changing the order for each team.

So if a school happened to not have a band, would they not be able to do this option? Or would they just make up a band dance for this competition?

I am considering gameday and my small varsity non tumble if we are approved to go. My reasons are as follows: Where we live alternates feel as they are being punished, so if i can do 2 routines, one with game day and one with the comp team, they still feel included.

So if a school happened to not have a band, would they not be able to do this option? Or would they just make up a band dance for this competition?

You can bring your own custom track to competitions with you and at UCA camp they teach you the format and even provide music. If you wanted to you could just bring their routine and do it.

At WWOS it's all grass.

Landed at All Star Music for the first time. Is it possible to easily get to All Star Sports from there? Is there a practice area at All Star Music? Are we going to have to do to bus transfers to get to a decent place like we did from Pop century last year?

Back