High School Uca Nationals 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw the list of schools from our state and it's grown. Quite a few new schools.

The tents were awful last year! My other coaches and I were talking yesterday about how we didn't get to go to the parks Sunday night last year because we were in the 30 degree worlds tent arena until after midnight. That night was so miserable!

Yes it was a mess and freezing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Landed at All Star Music for the first time. Is it possible to easily get to All Star Sports from there? Is there a practice area at All Star Music? Are we going to have to do to bus transfers to get to a decent place like we did from Pop century last year?

U will walk to sports .. it can be a hike !
And music has lots of grassy areas! No worries just be prepared for wet weather too

I am considering gameday and my small varsity non tumble if we are approved to go. My reasons are as follows: Where we live alternates feel as they are being punished, so if i can do 2 routines, one with game day and one with the comp team, they still feel included.

I like the idea of doing game day and regular so if u have a great cheerleader who loves to cheer on the team.. she can be included even if she can't tumble or stunt super elite level.

Landed at All Star Music for the first time. Is it possible to easily get to All Star Sports from there? Is there a practice area at All Star Music? Are we going to have to do to bus transfers to get to a decent place like we did from Pop century last year?
Music is the one right next to sports. Celebrity hall (the varsity tents) are right between sports and music, so depending on what part of music you're in you could be really close to the tents and the football field. If you're on the far side closer to movies then it will be more of a hike, but nothing that needs a bus ride. You'll catch the Disney buses at the front of the music resort. The allstar resorts get their own Disney buses, so you don't have to have a ton of stops on the way to and from parks.

We got put on the farthest side of movies one year and it was the longest walk! They have since added UCA buses to movies, so depending on what side of the music resort you are on, you may be closer to the movie buses. The resorts are all laid out the same with different themes, so there is practice space in all the resorts.

How was pop century? We've only stayed at Allstar and Caribbean.

Music is the one right next to sports. Celebrity hall (the varsity tents) are right between sports and music, so depending on what part of music you're in you could be really close to the tents and the football field. If you're on the far side closer to movies then it will be more of a hike, but nothing that needs a bus ride. You'll catch the Disney buses at the front of the music resort. The allstar resorts get their own Disney buses, so you don't have to have a ton of stops on the way to and from parks.

We got put on the farthest side of movies one year and it was the longest walk! They have since added UCA buses to movies, so depending on what side of the music resort you are on, you may be closer to the movie buses. The resorts are all laid out the same with different themes, so there is practice space in all the resorts.

How was pop century? We've only stayed at Allstar and Caribbean.

Pop Century = typical Disney budget resort (i.e.: motel 6 with Mickey Mouse ears).

There was not a lot of flat space to practice. We found an area on Friday for an additional practice time with one of my teams who was struggling with an injury issue, but it wasn't ideal.

I am considering gameday and my small varsity non tumble if we are approved to go. My reasons are as follows: Where we live alternates feel as they are being punished, so if i can do 2 routines, one with game day and one with the comp team, they still feel included.

This. I'm in the same boat - it makes me super frustrated (for lack of better words)! How do you deal with the situation?

This. I'm in the same boat - it makes me super frustrated (for lack of better words)! How do you deal with the situation?

Unfortunately some will never understand. I think it is building a culture and sticking to your guns with requirements. For example, I ask my alternates to compete w/ JV and they see that they are important, but only 12 can hit the mat. Also, sometimes you lose some good kids. Typically I brace myself for an email a month from those parents b/c they don't understand and if someone is out, I add the person and they truly show they can't hack it. Sometimes I get the "if they got more chances to try", however, they did from last year, through tryouts, through summer workouts, through start of season and when they still can't hack it, or they are the only junior in a pool of seniors that brings the same skillset to the table, TOO BAD :)

There is no right answer, that is for sure.

So many things...

I love Pop Century. We stayed there the last two years. I always found great spots to practice.

This year, we're at All Star Music, also.

I hate practicing on the field at All Star - way too many people. I'll definitely be in search of a quiet, grassy area.

Game Day is growing. I think it's a great way for teams to get their feet wet with competing. That's what we did the first year it was introduced and I'm thankful for it. I think it is also a great way to include more cheerleaders who aren't in your competition routine.

Praying for the schedule to stay relatively on time this year and the weather nice- no rain or too cold!

For those of you who compete in traditional divisions and Game Day, how much extra preparation have you found is necessary for the latter?

For those of you who compete in traditional divisions and Game Day, how much extra preparation have you found is necessary for the latter?

We don't go to Nationals but our local league competition has a Game Day Division. The amount of prep time we put in for it is pretty minimal because we use actual game day material. The coaches pick a chant and band dance that already looks good on the sideline and one of our quarter cheers and just do a little modification to increase the difficulty.

I noticed eight large coed teams competing this year. They include Graves County, Bartow, Dyer County and a few others.

Sad face because I will not be able to play CheerUpdates for you all from the livestream this year. Conference for work.

Back