Discussion in 'High School Cheerleading' started by Atxmom, May 6, 2020.
Does anyone have any info on how UCA or NCA will move forward with overnight camps?
I think that’s dependent on your state. Here in CA our state directors/reps have us all in area group bands to keep us updated. You may want to contact your state director or rep to get the latest info.
I’m itching to know too.
I'm more looking at what'll happen if people put deposits/paid for camp and they get cancelled.
I believe they have stated that the money put toward deposits will 1. Either be refunded or 2. Be moved toward other expenses of your choice (later camp date, clinic, etc)
I’m also curious: will big V cancel ALL camps if they cancel the early ones? Or do you think they will hold out for August? I’m leaning toward they will want to milk out as much as they can and open up camps when they feel it will be accepted and people will attend.
I think it's going to depend on location - what the individual states are allowing, and what the location is allowing. I know a lot of camps happen on college campuses, they're going to have to factor in what the college is allowing to happen on their property.
I have seen some colleges already announce online only fall classes, and canceled homecomings. Meanwhile the one near me has been posting on social media for a couple of weeks now that they WILL be back on campus come fall. Doesn't appear that any near me plan to have summer classes on campus though, so I don't know if they would hold camps if faculty and students aren't even coming in.
The college campuses have cancelled the camps, it’s not the company making that decision at this point.
Have you heard anything about camps at hotels or resorts? The one we usually go to is at resort, I’m still hoping the district will say no to it.
Got word today that we are not going. Very sad, but for the best.
We just found out that we are going to camp. How are they supposed to social distance with 6 per room?
Separate names with a comma.