College Uca Staff Tryout

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 3, 2015
Hola fierce board!
Looking for some tips for upcoming UCA staff tryouts. I tried out my freshman year of college and didn’t make it, but I’m going back once again, this time as a top. Currently a coed top with not much all girl experience, but I do have good tumbling, and pick up material fast. Just looking for some advice on how to maybe make myself stand out, or things I should do to prepare (other than constantly going over the tryout material, I’ve been doing that since it got posted months ago). Any tips/advice is welcome.
Mahalo!

When you think you are being sharp, you probs aren't being sharp enough.

A big part of UCA is personality. The small interview process and the interactions you have with the upper people at your tryout really matter in terms of making an impression. UCA wants spirited leaders teaching their camps.

Nail your skills, be confident, just like any other tryout

ScottyB nailed it - you literally cannot be sharp enough. Be yourself, be confident and energetic. I would also suggest that think of the tryout timeframe is entirely part of the tryout - be friendly with the other staffers & potentials and be outgoing (don't just sit in the corner and rock your portion of the skills).

Good luck!! I loved being on Staff

Back