Uk Cheer Help!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 28, 2014
Hi fellow uk cheerleaders I have got myself into abit of a pickle and freaking out and wondering if any one had any advice or help.

Basically I have no where to cheer for this season. I tried out at a small gym in wolverhamtom who do small senior 2 but however there were more people than places and unfortunately I did not gain a place.

Does anyone reccomend any places either west midlands or south wales (I live mid wales so will have to travel but there is a diresct train to the midlands and direct bus to south wales)

I really want to cheer and abit heart broken at the moment and just need some advice

Where did you try out? I feel like the West Midlands area, Telford etc, has a few options? Cheer Force Ten is in Shropshire, which by my limited grasp of Midlands geography is close to the Welsh border? I think there is also Crimson Tide in Wolverhampton, Starfire in Dudley (?) and RLS in Royal Leamington Spa, though that could be too far.
Don't give up hope! There are tons of teams around who might say they don't have room or have already had tryouts that might consider you if you email them, especially if in the next few months they have people drop out as then they might get desperate.

I don't know teams in West Midlands very well apart from the uni ones and Coventry Dynamite (is Coventry classed as west Midlands?) But I know a few in South Wales! How far are you willing to travel south? RSD, Rhondda Rockets and Central Explosion are all around the Treforest/Cardiff area. I know there's a team in Swansea that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. You mentioned previously that you cheered with your uni, can you not do that anymore?

I remember while at Cardiff hearing that you could compete with another university if you were still a student at particular EPs... something about a quota you couldn't pass. Also that wouldn't be an issue of the uno only competes in all star divisions and not University ones. Double check that because we had a UWIC girl on the squad my first year.

Good luck! And if you don't manage to find somewhere keep up your tumbling training and hopefully things will be better next year!

I don't know teams in West Midlands very well apart from the uni ones and Coventry Dynamite (is Coventry classed as west Midlands?) But I know a few in South Wales! How far are you willing to travel south? RSD, Rhondda Rockets and Central Explosion are all around the Treforest/Cardiff area. I know there's a team in Swansea that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. You mentioned previously that you cheered with your uni, can you not do that anymore?

I remember while at Cardiff hearing that you could compete with another university if you were still a student at particular EPs... something about a quota you couldn't pass. Also that wouldn't be an issue of the uno only competes in all star divisions and not University ones. Double check that because we had a UWIC girl on the squad my first year.

Good luck! And if you don't manage to find somewhere keep up your tumbling training and hopefully things will be better next year!

I cheer for my uni but as I dont know my timetable there is a strong chance I wont be able to cheer and I love non uni cheer just the intensity and the competitiveness suits me so well. As long as it is a weekend I am willing to travel trefprest cardiff way.

My problem will always be my tumbling my back due nto injury doesnt like to bend to bridges and the basics are tough and im just scared but im working through it

I cheer for my uni but as I dont know my timetable there is a strong chance I wont be able to cheer and I love non uni cheer just the intensity and the competitiveness suits me so well. As long as it is a weekend I am willing to travel trefprest cardiff way.

My problem will always be my tumbling my back due nto injury doesnt like to bend to bridges and the basics are tough and im just scared but im working through it

Ah, I know that both RSD and Cardiff Explosion have at least one weeknight practice. That's a shame about uni cheer! Some programs are intense and others really aren't, luck of the draw isnt it?

Drop those teams a line though, you never know! Have you posted on the UK Cheer Forum? They might have a few more suggestions. I hope it all goes well for you!

Thanks so much for the reply's I have emailed rhonda rockets and stars elite and will phone rsd tomorrow unfortunatley central explosion wont work for me due to training times so there is still some hope

The Swansea team is called Swansea Falcons. I have a friend who cheers there and the team has really improved over the past couple of seasons.

Been abit of a busy bee today I am hoping stars elite will be an option and will phone tomorrow

Contacted rhondda rockets and might be an option and will contact rsd tomorrow
My mum is moving near my uni so has said she will help me out with travelling as she knows what cheer means to me

I still have a couple more options if that all falls through

Yep Birmingham is but looked on uk cheer forum map and there is 0nly a couple on there if they are at weekends I can do it
Well there's a few but as far as I can see they all train mid-week., except Stars in Tamworth, so I'd say that's your best bet if one of the teams there is level-appropriate for you. Also I think SACA in Wolverhampton train at weekends but I don't know much about them. I hope you find a team :)

Stars is great and the head coach is lovely. If I'm not mistaken they do a lot of their training of a weekend. @annauk

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Unfortunately it hasnt worked out due to level and space however @annauk has been great replying and being straight to the point and hopefully I can get my skills up for next season

I still have a couple of teams left which might work out as I really want to cheer as just have more experiance

3 tryouts and still teamless. I cant just go to tumble classes as my uni team only let 5 people go a week so I will only be able to go once a month if even that.

I am really loosing hope

Back