OT Uk, Eu And David Cameron

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
May 12, 2012
The UK is a mess this morning - anyone wish to weigh in on the UK leaving the European Union?

My only thoughts are that here in Scotland I strongly voted No in the independence referendum but now seeing that the Scotland was a complete REMAIN in EU vote, however we are still leaving, makes myself and I'm sure many others rethink their independence referendum decisions

Oh and David Cameron, Prime Minister has resigned because of the leave result

I think as a country we have let ourselves down. I think too much was made about immigration by the Brexit side and I really don't think people who voted leave really considered the terrible implications. I work in the financial industry and its been an interesting morning for us all so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The state of the pound is a joke. My poor mother is trying to sell a house and property prices are reportedly down 20%. I know it will all settle down but I'm in awe that this has happened. We have no idea how Europe is going to react and how the world will trade with us. I hope Maggie's happy down there, we've got mo industry to bolster this little island. And a campaign headed by Farage! Good old Nige who voted against the European law of maternity pay being increased! What does this mean for cheap travel through Europe now? Bet you won't get your 5 pints for a fiver in Benidorm.
I wouldn't blame Scotland for leaving, Ireland will reunite and it will be us and Wales. Wales, who benefit the most from EU funding and decidedly voted out. I despair.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I feel numb and so worried for my future and our future as a country. This morning felt a lot like I was in a Dystopian film.

I am not a Tory whatsoever and despise David Cameron but the alternatives of Boris Johnson or Michael Gove are so much worse. All I can think about is how unsafe our great NHS would be in their hands. I think DC would do well at negotiating our way through this, Johnson would be awful.

I'm most angry that Leave won with a campaign full of lies (£350m a week anyone?!) and hatred I feel many of those who voted out will regret their decision in the coming years.

However I'm very proud to be a Londoner because although my Borough voted Leave :( most of the city voted Remain so that's something to be happy about.

I feel numb and so worried for my future and our future as a country. This morning felt a lot like I was in a Dystopian film.

I am not a Tory whatsoever and despise David Cameron but the alternatives of Boris Johnson or Michael Gove are so much worse. All I can think about is how unsafe our great NHS would be in their hands. I think DC would do well at negotiating our way through this, Johnson would be awful.

I'm most angry that Leave won with a campaign full of lies (£350m a week anyone?!) and hatred I feel many of those who voted out will regret their decision in the coming years.

However I'm very proud to be a Londoner because although my Borough voted Leave :( most of the city voted Remain so that's something to be happy about.

I'm the opposite. Manchester on a whole voted leave but my borough voted remain. I think pretty much everyone in my office voted remain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I added some more to my retirement investments this morning on the idea that the markets will probably be down. Sorry British friends. I'm sure that you'll recover eventually. Just who knows how long eventually is.

And I'm reading that Scotland will most likely have another referendum on independence.

Well I added some more to my retirement investments this morning on the idea that the markets will probably be down. Sorry British friends. I'm sure that you'll recover eventually. Just who knows how long eventually is.

And I'm reading that Scotland will most likely have another referendum on independence.

I might've woke up this morning and looked into how to go about throwing a couple hundred into the markets instead of getting ready for work this morning. :oops::oops::oops: I have faith GB/UK/whoever is a thing after this will bounce back. Just may be rocky at first.

I told my best friend last night, who is coming to visit today, who has been in South Korea for 2 years, that I was more excited to see what comes out of the the EU vote than I was to see her. I'm really interested to see what Scotland does.

Ditto. Good old B&D! How dreadful.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

@RS_Amie @a_cheer_leaderxo my whole country voted remain, beat you hahah ;)

On one hand I hope Scotland does have another independence referendum but I also think it should be in 6 or so months when the dust has settled. A lot of people (me included) would instantly vote for independence just now as emotions etc are v high in Scotland - forgetting that being in the EU or not was not the only reasons for voting yes or no to independence.

@RS_Amie @a_cheer_leaderxo my whole country voted remain, beat you hahah ;)

On one hand I hope Scotland does have another independence referendum but I also think it should be in 6 or so months when the dust has settled. A lot of people (me included) would instantly vote for independence just now as emotions etc are v high in Scotland - forgetting that being in the EU or not was not the only reasons for voting yes or no to independence.

Hahaha true ;)

I agree, I would hate to see you go but would totally understand if it was a majority Yes this time. I do think it should wait though, for the reason you said.

There is a petition going around which has over 2.5 million signatures for a second referendum based on the fact that there was not a big majority.
I voted in as did most of my county in Wales which is a farming county.
I'm worried

Back