College UK vs UofL

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 19, 2010
I know they don't compete in the same competition, but overall, who do you think is better? And which team is tougher to make?

Louisville takes a lot more people than Kentucky so I would say Kentucky is harder to make. I'm Kentucky alum so I'm a little biased about which I think is better.

doesn't UK have a rule about how small girls have to be? i remember reading that they have to be under a certain height, etc.

doesn't UK have a rule about how small girls have to be? i remember reading that they have to be under a certain height, etc.

There isn't a rule, but there will be enough talented tiny girls and big guys that tryout that they'll be able to fill the squads.

I believe that UK is clearly the hardest team to put together and by far the hardest team for an individual to make. Being that they pick such a small number of athletes plays a big roll in the selection process. Whereas UofL has 3 different squads made up of roughly 40 people each, and then they also have the open teams at gym tyme. I would much rather cheer for UofL than UK. UK seems to be TONS of work and extremely boring being that they compete only once, I believe. Whereas UofL competes everywhere as GymTyme and UofL, plus it just seems to be more fun and relaxed. Just my 4 cents...

Both teams are amazing. I like watching Louisville better though. I like their style.
And no disrespect to UK cause they're awesome but I can't stand that little jog thing they do.

I'm a UK kind of girl. I'm obviously biased since I'm a UCA girl, too. I prefer their style over NCA, even though I go to a NCA school (no UCA schools in SC!)

I've thought about this and I guess the question us what type of position you tryout for determines which is better.

Hands down to be a UK stunter is harder because you have to be able to tumble to. Jumps don't matter so flex is not a requirement.

To be a U of L tumbler ( that makes the mat) is probably a lot harder to make. I am not 100% positive but I imagine the tumblers that U if L takes that make the mat are way better than the best tumblers at UK.

Then for girls I assume the UK girls can tumble very well but have ( in NCA's opinion) embarrassing body positions. UcA doesn't care about them. The problem with flexibility is that the stronger you get the harder flexibilty is to maintain. That's why rythmic gymnasts are no muscle string beans but can pretzel themselves.

U of L is easier to make as a whole but those top desired spots I fell are just as hard.

Both colleges have their unique requirements.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've thought about this and I guess the question us what type of position you tryout for determines which is better.

Hands down to be a UK stunter is harder because you have to be able to tumble to. Jumps don't matter so flex is not a requirement.

To be a U of L tumbler ( that makes the mat) is probably a lot harder to make. I am not 100% positive but I imagine the tumblers that U if L takes that make the mat are way better than the best tumblers at UK.

Then for girls I assume the UK girls can tumble very well but have ( in NCA's opinion) embarrassing body positions. UcA doesn't care about them. The problem with flexibility is that the stronger you get the harder flexibilty is to maintain. That's why rythmic gymnasts are no muscle string beans but can pretzel themselves.

U of L is easier to make as a whole but those top desired spots I fell are just as hard.

Both colleges have their unique requirements.

Ignore all spelling and grammar because im on the phone and haven't slept in 24 hours.

I have to agree with Kingston. Each school has certain spots that would be harder to make then others. UK takes very few athletes and it is even hard to make their "JV" team. Louisville takes a huge number of athletes, but when it comes NCA time then it gets tough to make mat. They just have such different styles that it is really all about what you prefer and what you are good at. I feel like if you are an amazing flyer, but your flexibility is not up to par then going for UK would be easier because the flexibility isn't needed as much as at Louisville.

I personally like both equally because they are so different.

How do you think each of these schools will adapt if they adjust to a single format?

UK is definitely harder to make, cause we take A LOT of people. But making the team is whatever, at UofL its constantly a competition, when it comes to certain stunt groups, who cheers certain games, who goes to camp, who competes this time but not next competition, or who makes national mat one year then not the next. Its pretty interesting, and I think you have to be a lot more mentally tough at UofL cause there are so many people you are constantly being tested at practice and having to prove yourself. But I do think UK has stunters and top girls that are more well rounded than UofL, but both programs seem to satisfy their specific competition format.

as far as forming one format, what would happen?? it would be like worlds in the college world, itd be weird!

How do you think each of these schools will adapt if they adjust to a single format?

It would depend on the format. I think it would be easier for Kentucky to add 4 people and win at NCA than Louisville to drop 4 people and win at UCA.

It would depend on the format. I think it would be easier for Kentucky to add 4 people and win at NCA than Louisville to drop 4 people and win at UCA.

I think this goes along with my earlier statement about what is valued at each competition. Kentucky stunters can go anywhere. But the girls and tumblers I think would be at a disadvantage.

At the same time I think U of L is so specialized in their jobs they wouldnt be able to drop 4 people and win UCA.

I think a better way of saying it is UK could more easily add 4 people and be more competitive than U of L dropping 4 for UCA. I do not think they would have a good chance at winning NCA though. There are many areas where they would just get beat.

Back