College UK vs UofL

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

HHMMM.. i have stayed out of this because i am obviously biased. But I do have something interesting to point out that may surprise you. Being that I was a member of UofL for 2 years in graduate school, I know the ins and outs of that program. Being that I have been involved with college cheerleading for 10 years I know a lot about UKs program through watching them, being on team USA with a lot of UK members and being friends with Jomo and being coached by him on TEAM USA. ANY UK Blue squad memeber would make UofL based on their stunting and tumbling...period.

ANY UofL stunter would not for sure make UK's Blue squad based on TUMBLING. ALMOST ALL UofL stunters can and do throw a standing tuck..some throw standing fulls and a variation of jumps to standing backs and fulls. But not all of us can.
Even tho we are great stunters, Jomo may be looking for a great stunter AND tumbler. jomo has taken guys on blue squad without a full before...

But dont be fooled...UofL athletes work JUST as hard as UK athletes...I was personally working with my partner close to 7 days a week from Sept to Jan (UCA partner stunt) and Jan to April (NCA partner and team competition) in preparation for our competitions and partner stunt. I know UK works hard...but so do we. I find it just a little offensive that ppl think UK cheerleaders work harder just because there is less of them. Every stunt, every tumbling pass, every pyramid, every tuck is a direct competition with the guy/girl next to you. The issue with UofL is..that mostly everyone can do the elite...even the alternates...so the competition is not who can hit it...its who can hit it 100% of 100 times. The competition is who is gonna drop first and be replaced...its not who can hit the stunt.

So I guess what I am trying to say is...any UK Blue Squad member could and would make UofL...but certain UofL guys wouldnt make Uk based on their tumbling...not stunting...

So who is better? well...i guess that depends on the angle in which your question is being directed. Personally...the state of Kentucky has the best CHEER athletes in the world....and I dont know if you can argue that. I would venture to say that per square mile...at this current second...the State of KY has the best cheer athletes per square mile than anywhere in the world....but like all things...thats just my opinion.

I guess only time will tell the tale of UofL vs UK!!!!

one thing people forget to bring up is the competing inside vs outside. as someone who has done both, outdoor stunting is much harder.

HHMMM.. i have stayed out of this because i am obviously biased. But I do have something interesting to point out that may surprise you. Being that I was a member of UofL for 2 years in graduate school, I know the ins and outs of that program. Being that I have been involved with college cheerleading for 10 years I know a lot about UKs program through watching them, being on team USA with a lot of UK members and being friends with Jomo and being coached by him on TEAM USA. ANY UK Blue squad memeber would make UofL based on their stunting and tumbling...period.

ANY UofL stunter would not for sure make UK's Blue squad based on TUMBLING. ALMOST ALL UofL stunters can and do throw a standing tuck..some throw standing fulls and a variation of jumps to standing backs and fulls. But not all of us can.
Even tho we are great stunters, Jomo may be looking for a great stunter AND tumbler. jomo has taken guys on blue squad without a full before...

But dont be fooled...UofL athletes work JUST as hard as UK athletes...I was personally working with my partner close to 7 days a week from Sept to Jan (UCA partner stunt) and Jan to April (NCA partner and team competition) in preparation for our competitions and partner stunt. I know UK works hard...but so do we. I find it just a little offensive that ppl think UK cheerleaders work harder just because there is less of them. Every stunt, every tumbling pass, every pyramid, every tuck is a direct competition with the guy/girl next to you. The issue with UofL is..that mostly everyone can do the elite...even the alternates...so the competition is not who can hit it...its who can hit it 100% of 100 times. The competition is who is gonna drop first and be replaced...its not who can hit the stunt.

So I guess what I am trying to say is...any UK Blue Squad member could and would make UofL...but certain UofL guys wouldnt make Uk based on their tumbling...not stunting...

So who is better? well...i guess that depends on the angle in which your question is being directed. Personally...the state of Kentucky has the best CHEER athletes in the world....and I dont know if you can argue that. I would venture to say that per square mile...at this current second...the State of KY has the best cheer athletes per square mile than anywhere in the world....but like all things...thats just my opinion.

I guess only time will tell the tale of UofL vs UK!!!!
So, you're saying that on average, UK's members are more well rounded than UofL's?
one thing people forget to bring up is the competing inside vs outside. as someone who has done both, outdoor stunting is much harder.
How is outside stunting any different?

I think what he meant was the UK cheerleaders have to tumble and stunt and oppose to UL cheerleader who can tryout as either a tumbler, base, or flyer. I think the weather plays a factor in stunting outside.

Having competed both places outside is WAY harder. Especially midday.

Speaking of having to compete outside it has been a theory of mine for the past few years that UofL does better outside on the bandshell than inside at the Ocean Center (?). The past few years they have had a rough time at prelims and then on finals outside on the bandshell they kick a. I blame that right there for the reason they didn't walk away with number 8 this year. I know I know others are going to shot my theory down, but hey just let me believe it in my mind lol.

Anyway back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Stunting outside is hard in theory...and to be honest...its a mental thing. I am not trying to sound like a hard a**..I am being honest...at the point at which you compete on the bandshell...the elite, pyramids, baskets...etc...they all SHOULD be muscle memory. So throwing stunts, whatever the stunt maybe, should hit if you trained the right way. However...when things go wrong (which they almost always do)...the sun burning your eyes, thewind whipping sand in your face and the un-relenting heat..yes they all play a major factor. So its not the stunts that make stunting outside harder...its the elements. I am also that one that has competed in both the Milk House and the Bandshell...the bandshell is harder. UofL has made it a point to train specifically for this "xfactor" that is why we always do well on the bandshell...

I'm not saying I agree with you but I'm also not saying I disagree with you... I do think being inside for both prelims and finals did "level" the field a bit simply by taking the outside elements out of play. In my opinion it just didn't feel like a real NCA nationals being inside. Its funny you say that about UL though b/c there was a 3 year time period (2000, 2001, 2002) UL couldn't hit on the bandshell to save their lives! Its the only 3 year time period in UL Coed cheer history that haven't won at least 1 National title... I'm a big believer in "everything happens for a reason" and for whatever reason UL coed did not win this past year but I personally am very much looking forward to getting back to Daytona and Finals being back out on the bandshell! For the record, by no means are my comments trying to take anything away from a worthy champion in OSU b/c they were very good.

Speaking of having to compete outside it has been a theory of mine for the past few years that UofL does better outside on the bandshell than inside at the Ocean Center (?). The past few years they have had a rough time at prelims and then on finals outside on the bandshell they kick a. I blame that right there for the reason they didn't walk away with number 8 this year. I know I know others are going to shot my theory down, but hey just let me believe it in my mind lol.

Anyway back to your regularly scheduled topic...

Its just a matter of what you like to see if you like to see sick flexibility and bomb tumling and jumps than of course its the cards but if u wanna see precision and the amount of clean that soap would be jealous of than UK is your cup of tea i have always been torn between the two Louisville is the buisness in my eyes because they epitomize talent but UK is just on a whole different level of stunting than the rest of the cheer world like i said its just what you like

Back