College Underage Student On College Team?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2017
I have an early college student this year who has cheer experience. She is taking enough college classes to be eligible for the CC team, has been admitted to a degree program and has an extremely solid academic transcript. The team is mostly sideline, but does a few regional competitions in a junior college division. They are basketball only, so will try out after classes begin in August. Our kids are eligible for most college clubs, etc, but early college students are not NCAA eligible since they are considered high school students. But I have no clue how that works for cheer.

She’s a little frustrated at not having a school team-and all Star is hard to work with an EC schedule-last year Summit overlapped finals.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I have an early college student this year who has cheer experience. She is taking enough college classes to be eligible for the CC team, has been admitted to a degree program and has an extremely solid academic transcript. The team is mostly sideline, but does a few regional competitions in a junior college division. They are basketball only, so will try out after classes begin in August. Our kids are eligible for most college clubs, etc, but early college students are not NCAA eligible since they are considered high school students. But I have no clue how that works for cheer.

She’s a little frustrated at not having a school team-and all Star is hard to work with an EC schedule-last year Summit overlapped finals.

Does anyone have experience with this?
She should be eligible unless the cheerleading team has specific rules against it. There was a duel-enrolled high school athlete on a University team near us a few years ago.

Back