All-Star Unfair?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

By not reading, you hate America.

It's dad now

I'm going to need someone to elaborate... Bill???

It's a bit of a cross thread joke making fun of how people can be accused of anything just by disagreeing. Now if you would just spend half your life on the board like me, King and SharkDad, you could keep up better.

:cool:

I'm trying to get back on more regularly like I used to... So hopefully in the future I will understand any jokes made at my expense! As an added bonus I will also be adding many long winded posts that will be skimmed over by most people, said long posts will likely also send many very interesting threads to an early grave... You're welcome

And don't worry I love America.... God, country, cheer gym, it's that easy really

I'm trying to get back on more regularly like I used to... So hopefully in the future I will understand any jokes made at my expense! As an added bonus I will also be adding many long winded posts that will be skimmed over by most people, said long posts will likely also send many very interesting threads to an early grave... You're welcome

And don't worry I love America.... God, country, cheer gym, it's that easy really

I like reading your long winded posts....although I often am seeing double by the time I finish reading them(jk:). Typically you bring a level headed and stating the obvious feel to a conversation, that many don't without being abrasive or disingenuous.

Glad to hear you love America.....because all who don't shot be left on the OTHER side of the border:) hahaha

We'll still make jokes at your expense.

I always try not to be too long, but go figure I tried your technique and got a bunch of shimmies. Not that you're back I'll leave it to you

I am gonna make some guesses as to voting this year:

1. I think more people will vote this cycle than last cycle.
2. I think smaller gyms are MORE educated and involved than last cycle.
3. I think the fact that there is a public place for everyone to talk and discuss and learn is going to affect this rules cycle, and HEAVILY affect the upcoming voting cycles.
4. This is the only place to campaign for certain rules to be voted in. AKA 30 in Large. I don't know if it will pass, BUT I will say I dont think it would be as heavily talked about or discussed without a public forum.
5. I also think if you don't use this forum to discuss your opinions and viewpoints, you wont sway the public much on the webcast. This is no different than government politics. You run enough ads and talk to enough people you can sway their opinion. This is the only place to do it really.

Will be interesting to see what all does or does not pass.
1. Yes, I agree, I think more people will vote
2. Yes, I know I am more educated about the issues.
3-5.....

I think people do not realize how much influence Fierceboard has on the industry. Just two examples on a very personal note. With help from ACE Dad, I managed to get the Credentialing tests discrepencies brought to the forefront on Fierceboard. For that, I am eternally grateful. Having tests that match the rules mean quite a bit to me as they should to everyone.
Additionally, someone very influential in the industry who also owns a competition company managed to correct a wrong done to one of my teams for which I can't express my gratitude enough.
I really believe that people of influence are reading and hearing what is being said. Even if it does not change, they know how we feel. Thanks Fierceboard!

Glad to hear you love America.....because all who don't shot be left on the OTHER side of the border:) hahaha
Oh my gosh try living where I live. The majority of the people here don't like America at all and I don't get what they're still doing here. I totally agree with you.
Sorry. Going off on a little tangent.

In fact I bet there are some kids that would rather cheer all stars and go there just to cheer for GT.

i was thinking the same thing. i actually considered looking into U of L just so i would be in the area of GT when i was college searching, but out of state tuition is a killer....

on a different note, maybe i'm just not tax-educated enough, the question just doesn't explain it enough for me to get it or i don't understand the way some of these gyms work with all of their locations, but i don't see how putting an EIN umbrella over all the gym locations in a program would hurt them...the locations would still be paying taxes separately, right? i think it would make it easier on the satellite programs to only submit the information to the "owner" and have them deal with all the actual tax stuff at once. and that way they would know if it was all in at once, and not worry about one gym not filing or doing something incorrectly or whatever else can go wrong with it...
and i like that it does give the definition of a program--i love seeing that big gyms get SO big that they have to create another location because it shows an increase of interest and love for the sport, and it give the coaches and owners more credibility. plus, it creates a bigger fan base at competitions to cheer you on! :)

I think the best example to the EIN issue would be the difference between franchise gyms and large program gyms.

Whataburger All Stars is a corporation cheer business. If you pay the franchise fee you get the name, logo, uniforms, overall direction for coaching, and rules for running a successful business are given to you. It is a great benefit of getting experienced business advice and all the support involved, but the coaching, athletes, competition schedules of one MAS is completely separate from another besides the common name. These would have a different EIN because the separate franchise owners would handle all pay and financial business separately.

In-n-Out All Stars is a large business as well but it is completely family owned. IAS has 12 locations like MAS, but all of their locations have been opened by the same owners. The family oversees and shares coaches and athletes between locations. All of the taxes and payments are run through the same business owner and therefore it has the same EIN.

This is an overly simplistic version of how EINs work but does it help make sense a little?

I think the best example to the EIN issue would be the difference between franchise gyms and large program gyms.

Whataburger All Stars is a corporation cheer business. If you pay the franchise fee you get the name, logo, uniforms, overall direction for coaching, and rules for running a successful business are given to you. It is a great benefit of getting experienced business advice and all the support involved, but the coaching, athletes, competition schedules of one MAS is completely separate from another besides the common name. These would have a different EIN because the separate franchise owners would handle all pay and financial business separately.

In-n-Out All Stars is a large business as well but it is completely family owned. IAS has 12 locations like MAS, but all of their locations have been opened by the same owners. The family oversees and shares coaches and athletes between locations. All of the taxes and payments are run through the same business owner and therefore it has the same EIN.

This is an overly simplistic version of how EINs work but does it help make sense a little?

Mmmmm simplistic and delicious! I'm more of a Whataburger allstars fan myself. Although I hear there is an up and coming program down the street called White Castle allstars that has alot of potential in their program, especially at the mini level :)

Latest posts

Back