All-Star Uniform Deduction?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The irony is this uniform is very similar some Top Gun uniforms with the exception that the skirts are longer and they have a risque theme but apparently only one gym got the deduction.

So is it known if Top Gun ever got a deduction or not? They have never been an out spoken gym but I do recall they haven’t used that uniform since that season. Actually they only “risky” uniform they have used continuously over a few seasons is the white TGLC one from 2015-2017 with the thin straps.

Yes. It is very similar to that one where it is just like, a tube top strip and and arms.

Someone has to know what I'm talking about.

2004. They had a similar one in 2010 in black. The straps actually hooked at the back. I wished they wore them longer but it was used my the international team for a while.

ETA: the varsity one won at cheer alliance based off of that uniform.

Yes. It is very similar to that one where it is just like, a tube top strip and and arms.

Someone has to know what I'm talking about.

xgedmp.jpg

This one?

As distasteful as I find a lot of uniforms, the uniform deduction rule is fairly new, and the Savannah uniform predates that rule I believe.

We've had people** be given warnings about having crop uniforms and walking around events, but blissfully I live in a place where every program around us has tasteful, athletic looking uniforms...

ETA **not our program, all our teams except open have a full top, but teams at competitions we've been too

Last edited:
As distasteful as I find a lot of uniforms, the uniform deduction rule is fairly new, and the Savannah uniform predates that rule I believe.

We've had people be given warnings about having crop uniforms and walking around events, but blissfully I live in a place where every program around us has tasteful, athletic looking uniforms...

Our program has crop tops but is religious about making the girls wear a full length tank overtop at any time that they are not on the floor. The vast majority of teams we see at comps don't have many cut-outs, straps etc. I can not imagine the comments I would hear if we saw some of these uni's in person.

the uniform deduction rule is fairly new, and the Savannah uniform predates that rule I believe.

That's what I was thinking too--I do recall back in 2008(?) a girl at my old gym was given a deduction in her individual for her top riding up too high and showing a little too much, but I don't think there was such a thing as a "uniform violation" until maybe 2013 at the earliest--I don't remember if it was announced in 2011 or 2012... Whenever there was announced, they gave at least two seasons for it to go into effect since some gyms had theoretically already placed orders because it was announced so late in the season.

Our program has crop tops but is religious about making the girls wear a full length tank overtop at any time that they are not on the floor. The vast majority of teams we see at comps don't have many cut-outs, straps etc. I can not imagine the comments I would hear if we saw some of these uni's in person.
The TG dominatrix one was at SuperNationals one year and my daughter (who was fairly young at the time) couldn't stop asking questions about it. Most started with "why???"

The TG dominatrix one was at SuperNationals one year and my daughter (who was fairly young at the time) couldn't stop asking questions about it. Most started with "why???"
Dominatrix????? Umm....now that sounds bad.

So is it known if Top Gun ever got a deduction or not? They have never been an out spoken gym but I do recall they haven’t used that uniform since that season. Actually they only “risky” uniform they have used continuously over a few seasons is the white TGLC one from 2015-2017 with the thin straps.
This is exactly what I am asking...it seems there has always been talk but I do not know of any gyms that actually got a deduction?

The irony is this uniform is very similar some Top Gun uniforms with the exception that the skirts are longer and they have a risque theme but apparently only one gym got the deduction.
It’s hotter in Florida. Y’all know that.

Back