All-Star Uniform Deduction?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh yes, and next year we (in our province) are going to give a deduction to every single team who has mesh on the stomach as part of a full top. We are so done with that.

Every team? Even senior aged teams which can technically show the stomach, or just juniors and below?

Evry darn competition I have even been to, I see girls violating the cover up rule. Every last one. I've never seen anyone get a deduction for it. I did see the one that these girls mentioned that got a warning. It was honestly surprising to see anyone call that particular one out, given some of the ones we've seen!

Has it ever happened? Has anyone actually received a deduction for an inappropriate uniform? A uniform not considered in compliance with the current rules. I am just curious because there are some wild uniforms that raise eyebrows but I never hear about any gym actually receiving a deduction. Years ago when the girl on TG exposed her girls....was there a deduction?

When CP was still on a team, her non-senior team wore crop tops and they never received a deduction.

Evry darn competition I have even been to, I see girls violating the cover up rule. Every last one. I've never seen anyone get a deduction for it. I did see the one that these girls mentioned that got a warning. It was honestly surprising to see anyone call that particular one out, given some of the ones we've seen!

I've always felt like the uniform company should get dinged if they sell uniforms that aren't compliant. At least they only had that one for one season, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always felt like the uniform company should get dinged if they sell uniforms that aren't compliant. At least they only had that one for one season, though.

meh I don't know I agree with that. Uniform company has a client relationship with the gyms/owners. Not the EP's. If gyms want a lingerie themed uniform and x uniform company wont provide it, they will just go to y or z. and x uniform company will loose on the profit of that gyms business.
For the EP's to then go and fine the uniform companies - it sounds like a litigious nightmare they're not going to want to put effort or dollars forth.

meh I don't know I agree with that. Uniform company has a client relationship with the gyms/owners. Not the EP's. If gyms want a lingerie themed uniform and x uniform company wont provide it, they will just go to y or z. and x uniform company will loose on the profit of that gyms business.
For the EP's to then go and fine the uniform companies - it sounds like a litigious nightmare they're not going to want to put effort or dollars forth.

I should rephrase. I think that the uni companies shouldn't sell you unis that are not compliant.

The gym designs and orders the uniform......customer always right, lol. I don't think a company is going to refuse to make a uniform and turn away the $$. Some we have seen should of been told NO!

The gym designs and orders the uniform......customer always right, lol. I don't think a company is going to refuse to make a uniform and turn away the $$. Some we have seen should of been told NO!

I get that to an extent, but the customer definitely isn't always right. If a bartender over serves, the drinker and the business can be held accountable. It's good customer service to think about the long term relationship, not just the momentary transaction.

I get that to an extent, but the customer definitely isn't always right. If a bartender over serves, the drinker and the business can be held accountable. It's good customer service to think about the long term relationship, not just the momentary transaction.

Can't compare making a piece of clothing to bartending/drinking......the only thing that will change the crazy uniforms is across the line rules like Jr versus Sr belly rule. Cheer IS all about the $$ unfortunately.

Can't compare making a piece of clothing to bartending/drinking......the only thing that will change the crazy uniforms is across the line rules like Jr versus Sr belly rule. Cheer IS all about the $$ unfortunately.

We'll just have to agree to disagree agreeably. I'm still a believer that business should be run with both the business and the customer in mind.

I should rephrase. I think that the uni companies shouldn't sell you unis that are not compliant.

Again, if one wont. Another will.

For example... the uniform companies can provide warnings & disclaimers to gyms that their uniform may be 'too risque' but they will assume no liability should gyms be deducted. Then, if a gym does need new uniforms because they're being deducted - uniform company just got 2 orders out of one gym. Why would the refuse business the first time around, because they deem the uniform to not be compliant...?

I also agree with @cheermomforever ... you cannot compare creating clothing to over serving a patron which could have life-altering consequences... but for argument sake, lets look at your bartending example - drawing on my own personal experiences in this industry:
If one bartender cuts a guy off - he might just go and find another bartender or establishment willing to serve him (whether that's right or wrong...). In my experience, it is extremely difficult to communicate to a nightclub or bartending staff of 50+ people that "the guy wearing the baseball cap, white t-shirt and jeans is cut off for the night". AND - it is even harder to judge how much someone has had to drink, especially if he/she is not showing obvious signs of intoxication & you personally didn't serve his first 5/6/7 drinks.
Furthermore - if the patron is not being unruly, it would cause a bigger problem to forcefully remove him from the establishment.

At the end of the day, what makes sense on paper or in a 'textbook' is often far from what actually works or makes sense in practice.

Back