All-Star Uniforms From Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 4, 2012
Okay this is the first real question I've asked, so be nice ;-) I searched, but didnt find anything on the subject.

My daughters gym just placed their uniform order with Varsity. When I received my PO I noticed that the skirt was different than what we had requested. When I asked what gives, I was told that the Varsity Rep said that Varsity doesn't allow her to shorten skirts. We're not looking to make the skirt obscenely short or anything. We went up a size to make the waistband a little bigger, but without shortening it, the skirt is just huge.

I know for a fact that with our old gym two seasons ago, that we shorten her skirt. Same company.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is this a new policy?

Welcome to posting! It's okay if you couldn't find Varsity in the search bar... You probably didn't know to search the right words. Try "not GK" and see what comes up :D

We had tons of issues with our brand new varsity uniforms last year. Reversed colors, missing details, full tips that were so short they were crops. Sizing issues. Plus we placed the order the end of June and got them (literally) about 18 hours before our first competition the first week in November. They came out the following week to resize so they could fix the nearly half of the order that was wrong.

Yeah. Never happened. We went all season with those uniforms and now the gym has sold out to another program so it no longer exists. They did put out to the people that stayed with them that somehow or another they would all get some $160 credit or something (no idea if varsity or the new gym was comping that) when ordering the new gyms "not Gk" uniform but that didn't apply to those of us who had incorrect uniforms all season that we paid for but left at the end of the season and went to other programs rather than staying with one they sold out to.

Not sure how that ever worked out for the families that stayed but I assume they for the break on the new uniform as promised.

But the bottom line is varsity delivered a boat load of incorrect product and never (during the course of an entire season) corrected it, despite their promises to do so. So a lot of us paid $320 (in my case $640) for something that was never correct, or corrected.

And such stories continue to be "okay" in cheer world customer service. Le sigh.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've had similar issues with varsity. I ended up getting a skirt where the waistband was too small, despite being labelled as the exact same size of a skirt that fits perfect. Our rep does shorten out skirts though. But, with the small skirt, I ended up getting a brand new skirt two sizes bigger so the waistband would fit, then took it to a tailor.
I've known many girls that take their uniforms to a tailor though, to get them to fit perfectly.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone

Of course they can lengthen or shorten the skirt. My CP has worn not GK uniforms for 8 years and they always order the skirts and tops with the size and +1 or -2 or whatever meaning how many inches to add or take away from the length. Sounds like someone doesn't know what they're talking about or your gym owner doesn't want the skirt shorter and is blaming the manufacturer.

Of course they can lengthen or shorten the skirt. My CP has worn not GK uniforms for 8 years and they always order the skirts and tops with the size and +1 or -2 or whatever meaning how many inches to add or take away from the length. Sounds like someone doesn't know what they're talking about or your gym owner doesn't want the skirt shorter and is blaming the manufacturer.
Yeah our varsity rep for school always adds length to stuff. Pants, skirts, tops, sleeves, whatever you may need. Not saying it turns out fitting perfectly... But hypothetically you should be able to add it

As far as I know Varsity has always done +1 or -1 depending on how much they need to take off or add. Our new gym went with GK due to the fact that when the owner said "not GK" all the parents demanded we go with a different company.
Our previous season we had Varsity uniforms and warm ups...the warm ups all had to be sent back because they printed the gym name on the stomach and not the chest, our skirts were stoned wrong so we wore them for the 1st comp and then had to turn them in to be fixed. On top of all that we fitted in June and didn't get the uniform until a week before our 1st comp in November.
This year the GK rep fitted on Sunday and has guaranteed delivery by the end of October. Yes please!

Welcome to posting! It's okay if you couldn't find Varsity in the search bar... You probably didn't know to search the right words. Try "not GK" and see what comes up :D

We had tons of issues with our brand new varsity uniforms last year. Reversed colors, missing details, full tips that were so short they were crops. Sizing issues. Plus we placed the order the end of June and got them (literally) about 18 hours before our first competition the first week in November. They came out the following week to resize so they could fix the nearly half of the order that was wrong.

Yeah. Never happened. We went all season with those uniforms and now the gym has sold out to another program so it no longer exists. They did put out to the people that stayed with them that somehow or another they would all get some $160 credit or something (no idea if varsity or the new gym was comping that) when ordering the new gyms "not Gk" uniform but that didn't apply to those of us who had incorrect uniforms all season that we paid for but left at the end of the season and went to other programs rather than staying with one they sold out to.

Not sure how that ever worked out for the families that stayed but I assume they for the break on the new uniform as promised.

But the bottom line is varsity delivered a boat load of incorrect product and never (during the course of an entire season) corrected it, despite their promises to do so. So a lot of us paid $320 (in my case $640) for something that was never correct, or corrected.

And such stories continue to be "okay" in cheer world customer service. Le sigh.

We have had no issues with our uniforms, we have Loved all that has been delivered, if there are issues, they are taken care of in a timely matter....Sorry that things never worked out for you and your former program.....in regards to your uniform orders with varsity.. We LOVE Them!!!! cheers!!!

Last edited:
As far as I know Varsity has always done +1 or -1 depending on how much they need to take off or add. Our new gym went with GK due to the fact that when the owner said "not GK" all the parents demanded we go with a different company.
Our previous season we had Varsity uniforms and warm ups...the warm ups all had to be sent back because they printed the gym name on the stomach and not the chest, our skirts were stoned wrong so we wore them for the 1st comp and then had to turn them in to be fixed. On top of all that we fitted in June and didn't get the uniform until a week before our 1st comp in November.
This year the GK rep fitted on Sunday and has guaranteed delivery by the end of October. Yes please!
Side note: I see you are from Texas. Did you have Valerie or Ruth? I LOVE OUR TEXAS REPS! #SOFIERCE

Side note: I see you are from Texas. Did you have Valerie or Ruth? I LOVE OUR TEXAS REPS! #SOFIERCE

I wasn't there for fitting but I want to say Valerie because I could have sworn cp said a V name when she was telling me about the white spankies she needs for under her uniform. Our owner absolutely loved the prototype and the service we have gotten so far!

We have had no issues with our uniforms, we have Loved all that has been delivered, if there are issues, they are taken care of in a timely matter....Sorry that things never worked out for you and your former program.....in regards to your uniform orders with varsity.. We LOVE Them!!!! cheers!!!
Looks like you won the Not-GK lottery! Well done!

Mystery solved. :oops: Even folks from old gym, who still Facebook friend with 9/10ths are swapping uniforms or selling ones too small now. Going into third year and keep seeing comments about it's a YS + 1 and the poster says, whatever that means. :D

Do they not size them as A-7, B-10 (waist/length) any more? With our old, old uniforms that was how the sizing went, so you got the size you needed in waist and length.

I was told this morning that Varsity only shortens the Adult sized skirts. I don't believe this for a second. Don't know if its a gym thing or a rep thing, but I should be able to order what I want if I'm paying for it. We ended up have to reorder the smaller size skirt, that I just sold, in order for her skirt to look the appropriate length. Frustrating

Do they not size them as A-7, B-10 (waist/length) any more? With our old, old uniforms that was how the sizing went, so you got the size you needed in waist and length.

That's how our old uniforms were too, but they've gone to more regular sizing (S/M/L) in the past few years. I looked last night and CP's first skirt was a 1-8 (waist size one, length 8 inches).

Back