All-Star Uniforms From Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was told this morning that Varsity only shortens the Adult sized skirts. I don't believe this for a second. Don't know if its a gym thing or a rep thing, but I should be able to order what I want if I'm paying for it. We ended up have to reorder the smaller size skirt, that I just sold, in order for her skirt to look the appropriate length. Frustrating

Our gym owner fits all the kids' uniforms. The parents don't really get any say-so. He wants a cohesive look and if he let the parents choose skirt length, then you'd have some with long, baggy skirts and some with short, tight skirts and that wouldn't look as good during the performance.

This is so annoying. Isn't the reason the uniforms are so expensive because they're "custom made"? I feel like custom made should include fitting correctly. If they're just going to churn out 200 pieces that are the same size, why are they charging $300+? Certainly not for materials.

My kids' GK stuff was hit or miss. One gym it was a sizing disaster and one it was perfect. I bet @Rudags can guess which gym was which. :rolleyes:

ETA we've never had varsity so my comment is based on what I read here, not experience.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Okay this is the first real question I've asked, so be nice ;-) I searched, but didnt find anything on the subject.

My daughters gym just placed their uniform order with Varsity. When I received my PO I noticed that the skirt was different than what we had requested. When I asked what gives, I was told that the Varsity Rep said that Varsity doesn't allow her to shorten skirts. We're not looking to make the skirt obscenely short or anything. We went up a size to make the waistband a little bigger, but without shortening it, the skirt is just huge.

I know for a fact that with our old gym two seasons ago, that we shorten her skirt. Same company.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is this a new policy?
Is it a sublimated uni?

This is so annoying. Isn't the reason the uniforms are so expensive because they're "custom made"? I feel like custom made should include fitting correctly. If they're just going to churn out 200 pieces that are the same size, why are they charging $300+? Certainly not for materials.

My kids' GK stuff was hit or miss. One gym it was a sizing disaster and one it was perfect. I bet @Rudags can guess which gym was which. :rolleyes:

ETA we've never had varsity so my comment is based on what I read here, not experience.

To answer your questions - yes uniforms are "custom made" but they are not "custom fit." I do want to say that I whole heartedly believe GK has the best fit out there, but every once in a while things will need to be tailored. Some skirts and uniform tops are not able to be "altered" by GK because of designs. Id say 99% if my customers report back that EVERY uniform fits perfectly. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but if you are at a 99% success rate - The 1% is just an exception to the rule.

We just did our sizing thing with our Varsity rep. She said the could only take an inch off of the skirts. Not sure why that would be the case? Us parents are hoping they come in fitting correctly because they sized them about 1 size smaller than what they normally wear. My cp has a uni for our sr4 team. We bought a used one cause they are using the same as last year. Her bottoms are AXS and top is AS. Was sized for new sr5 uni for this year and they say bottoms YL and top AXS. Sure hope it fits! We have had so/so luck with varsity. Sometimes good and sometimes not so good.

To answer your questions - yes uniforms are "custom made" but they are not "custom fit." I do want to say that I whole heartedly believe GK has the best fit out there, but every once in a while things will need to be tailored. Some skirts and uniform tops are not able to be "altered" by GK because of designs. Id say 99% if my customers report back that EVERY uniform fits perfectly. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but if you are at a 99% success rate - The 1% is just an exception to the rule.

I definitely think any gk issues I had were on the rep/gym end (because it was soooooooo unorganized - the rep never laid eyes on me or my child). Our other gym, everything we got was perfect fit (even on my cp's abnormally ling arms! :oops: ) The only thing that didn't fit her was a top for her half season and it didn't come from gk.

Based just on my own personal experience I would recommend gk over any other companies to anyone. That's not to say there aren't other good companies, just that my personal experiences with gk have been significantly above standard.

No they're not. That would be way to progressive yet for our tiny gym lol. They are very clean it and pretty though, so I'm not knocking them.
The only reason I ask is cause I was told they couldn't take off inches in sub's cause the design would be affected

I was wrong earlier! I thought our uniforms were GK they are actually Rebel Athletic! Trying to post a pic from my phone since the uniform was posted on our gym Facebook page!

Do they not size them as A-7, B-10 (waist/length) any more? With our old, old uniforms that was how the sizing went, so you got the size you needed in waist and length.
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding the sizing depends on the material. Skirts & tops that are motionflex run S/M/L. Skirts that are polyester are A-7, B-10, etc. Tops that are polyester run 28, 30, 32 etc. Regardless of the material not gk has the ability to add and remove length of any custom piece ordered - uniforms, warm-ups, etc. It's stock items that they cannot change.

Back