Uniforms...shorts Or Skirts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 14, 2011
Sorry if this has already been discussed...I noticed at NCA Nationals this year that shorts instead of skirts for uniforms is becoming very popular? I think but are cute! What do you think? And anyone have pics of cute uniforms that have shorts? Share them!!!

i think the shorts are cute and practical because alot of the time u see girls having to pull down there skirts during the routine. I especially love f5's day 1 with the shorts!

Sorry if this has already been discussed...I noticed at NCA Nationals this year that shorts instead of skirts for uniforms is becoming very popular? I think but are cute! What do you think? And anyone have pics of cute uniforms that have shorts? Share them!!!
I'm sorry for all the grammar issues I am on my phone! Lol

We rock the shorts. Our girls LOVE them. They look good on all the girls and they have eliminated the need to pull down the skirt. I have seen some SERIOUSLY short skirts kicking around lately, and it doesnt seem to be changing, so for us, w elove our shorts =)

I think some girls can pull off the shorts and it looks good.. but on the other hand some people just do not look good in them. Same way I feel about short tops.

I definitely think that the shorts are a great idea if they are worn right. I noticed that some teams have their shorts on their girls where they are SUPER tight around the leg creating a squeezed look and I dont think thats attractive at all. The area around the leg should be slightly looser as to not create a "squeezed sausage" like effect. They are also a bonus not having to pull down a skirt everytime you tumble or jump. I say go for them.

I definitely think that the shorts are a great idea if they are worn right. I noticed that some teams have their shorts on their girls where they are SUPER tight around the leg creating a squeezed look and I dont think thats attractive at all. The area around the leg should be slightly looser as to not create a "squeezed sausage" like effect. They are also a bonus not having to pull down a skirt everytime you tumble or jump. I say go for them.

I completely agree. I saw a team last weekend with the tightest shorts. It made all of their athletes look bad.

I'm a skirt type of person, but not because of the performance. Only because cheerleaders normally walk around the comp for hours and only perform for minutes. Uniforms need to be functional for both. IMO.

I personally like skirts, and I think it leaves a traditional aspect in the ever evolving cheerleading world. I prefer though when the spankies are connected to the skirt, bc then your skirt doesn't get twisted around and it stays put better!

Back