College University Of Kentucky: An All-girl Squad In The Future?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Love the idea and it would keep alot of the girls closer to home then having to go to Morehead or Louisville to cheer

I don't know why they haven't added an all girl team. It allows 3 squads to share the game duties, which in winter can be very busy (men and womens bball, volleyball, wrestling, gymnastics). Also, why not dominate two divisions?

I've always thought they should have all girl. Same with Tennessee and other traditional big SEC schools.

Kentucky won't have a regular All Girl cheer team as long as T. Lynn is the advisor. There is a chance for a Stunt or NCATA team once one of them establishes themself as an NCAA sport.

Definitely. T. Lynn Williamson is a traditionalist regarding all-girl cheer programs. Also Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Tennessee don't have all-girl squads, either. In fact, both Florida and Auburn have just one large coed squad each.

Definitely. T. Lynn Williamson is a traditionalist regarding all-girl cheer programs. Also Alabama, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Tennessee don't have all-girl squads, either. In fact, both Florida and Auburn have just one large coed squad each.

Arkansas have or had an all girl squad and Florida had or have a all girl squad that competed.

Alabama is going to have an all-girl team next year for the 2011-2012 season for the first team, I believe. So maybe it will begin to grow in the SEC to create competition.

Alabama is going to have an all-girl team next year for the 2011-2012 season for the first team, I believe. So maybe it will begin to grow in the SEC to create competition.

Could this change though now that they no longer have their coach? And with the school thinking about ground bounding the team I am not so sure this would pick up.

I would love to see UK have an all girl team, but at the same time I would wonder what it would do to the other 2 powerhouse all girl teams in the state.

I would love to see UK have an all girl team, but at the same time I would wonder what it would do to the other 2 powerhouse all girl teams in the state.
Probably just make them better! There is SO much cheer talent in Kentucky alone and so many transfer in from out of state that there is room for UK, Louisville and Morehead.

Latest posts

Back