College University Of Kentucky

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The quote you and comment was on purpose. The shimmy... sadly... was not.

Harsh

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Someone completely unrelated topic watching some of the Kentucky nationals routine some of the heel stretches left me a little sour. With their fanatic attention to detail someone would have told them to point their feet and lock out their knees :/

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The program as a whole looks very small to me. I'm not questioning their methods at all...because clearly they are working. Just curious if there is a concerted effort to keep the teams small or if they just don't have huge tryout numbers.

Maybe I'm just used to USC cheer, they take nearly 30+ for all girl alone plus a coed team. So they end up with nearly 50 sometimes in the program. Then pick the competition squads later in the year.

The program as a whole looks very small to me. I'm not questioning their methods at all...because clearly they are working. Just curious if there is a concerted effort to keep the teams small or if they just don't have huge tryout numbers.
I think it is very much a "best of the best" thing... Try outs are by invitation only, so I believe it's all done on purpose.

It's very interesting to me to see how UK and U of L both have such different approaches, but both work for them and produce successful teams year after year.

I think it is very much a "best of the best" thing... Try outs are by invitation only, so I believe it's all done on purpose.

It's very interesting to me to see how UK and U of L both have such different approaches, but both work for them and produce successful teams year after year.
I didn't even realize their tryouts were invite only. Makes sense now!

Maybe I'm just used to USC cheer, they take nearly 30+ for all girl alone plus a coed team. So they end up with nearly 50 sometimes in the program. Then pick the competition squads later in the year.

Between both teams there are over 40.

I'm guessing the reason that Britni made white was that she was homeschooled (wasn't she? I remember reading that somewhere), so she probably has little to no game day experience.

Not true, white squad is a feeder for blue squad, freshmen and sophomores can only make white. Blue is for seniors and juniors.

Back